Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 super cub

Discussion in 'Scale Civillian and WarBirds' started by Dr Evil, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Where are you getting the shock cord and what size are you getting ?

2. 1/8" by 16" long A buddy put ends on for me so they hooked on the screws.

I had to tinker with the wraps a couple times but they have been perfect since I found the right tension.

Spain likes this.
  3. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

This is a great thread !! I can't wait to see the banner towing video !! I have the HH newer version T-craft I hope I could use, maybe with a smaller banner . I have towed a a glider up before with it but a banner would be spectacular !!

Thanks, John

4. 1/8" by 16" long A buddy put ends on for me so they hooked on the screws.

I had to tinker with the wraps a couple times but they have been perfect since I found the right tension.
    Sounds like that "buddy" could sure "hook" a guy up, pun intended !!!!!!!!!!

I had all the bands break on mine this weekend and I didn't have any of the stock bands, so it is back together with bands for trainer wings for now. I may have to look in to o-rings until I figure out your shock cord trick BH

5. Lachlan

Lachlan New to GSN!

Send me an address and I'll send you some bungees...

6. ExtraNuts

ExtraNuts 70cc twin V2

Your recover job looks great. You having the American Flag on the dirty shop floor really pisses me off though.

7. Dr Evil

Dr Evil 30cc

The flag does get dirty remember nothing im doing is ment to be disrespectful but to show my pride. The flag gets laid out on the ground before take off and is dropped over the runway when towing is done. When the life of the flag is up it is given to the local boy scouts for proper disposal.
    What up sets me is the flags I find to use are not made in America there from china....... we can't even make our flags anymore?????

Jlc and ExtraNuts like this.
  8. ExtraNuts

ExtraNuts 70cc twin V2

I'm Sure you don't mean any disrespect. Perhaps a towel on the floor under the flag. Yah, made in china, not a surprise there. I seem to recall a large industrial area of china named USA. I think they named it that to try to fool us.

9. I hope I'm not too late to take you up on your offer. That would be very cool.
    Jeff Hunt
    P.O. Box 22
    Littlefield, Arizona 86432

10. fencelake

fencelake 70cc twin V2

Awesome!! I love the original covering job and the painted engine! Well done!