Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Help to find a true 150 cc 3D plane.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Snoopy1, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looked at all of them except Dalton do not know them and have never see one of there planes up close, it is kit if I am not mistaken. Will look them up.

acerc likes this.
  2. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Dalton is available from JTEC. JTEC bought them a year or so ago...

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Yes you are correct after going through there web sight I cam to that conclusion. Make some nice stuff but right now AJ is the leading candidate.

Alky6 likes this.
  4. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

After seeing them fly and if the interest is an ARF, that is where I would land (AJ Aircraft) as well. Lots of work for a 3D machine (that has a higher likelihood of a short life) to build a kit.

AKNick likes this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You are right about that 3D planes do not have a long life span. I have old pattern plans that 10 years and older and some very nice sport planes that are 16 years old but since I got into 3D have had a plane last much longer than season without some sort ground adjustment. Have already destroyed one 20 cc plane this season, you are always pushing the limit 10 ft of the ground

AKNick likes this.
  6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Can't the H9 3.1m Sukhoi be brought in under 40 lbs? I believe I've heard of 38 lbs.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Andrew designed the 115 Laser for a 150, it flies amazing on that engine.

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You are correct great plane fly great and are very well built, but a person about an hour from has one built it and installed a DA 150 L it was in the plane for one weekend and replaced with ZDZ 195 I believe and now loves the plane. And not only him but i believe that you also have larger engine in the plane.
    What is the weight of your plane standing on the runway ready to take off.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  9. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

39lb and change with a ZDZ180. I didn't have a DA150L hanging around otherwise I woulda chucked that on the nose and saved the 180 for a much larger airplane. The 150 on the 115 does fly pretty damn amazing though and I wouldn't be searching for more power. As is it has an overabundance of power.

Snoopy1 and dhal22 like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for that still looking and I believe that 115 will be my next plane for the 150