• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hey, nice new hangout!

Just wanted to say "Hi." I had been lurking on the other site trying to soak up info as i am just trying to move to Giant Scale from 40 size glow stuff. I was starting to figure some personalities when the change happened. I hadn't posted very much at all and i hadn't talked to SleepyC personally, but i felt slighted. Glad you moved on SleepyC, and i look forward to becoming part of this community!

Yes it is! I am starting a 30cc Dynaflite Super Decathlon that i bought several years ago but never started. That will get me going. I would love to scratch build an SU26M, but we'll see.

Just watched the "old school 3D flying circus" video... Man, did I ever need that! Reminds me of the old days flying in Merigold MS. with the EAC. Tons of fun...no fan boys...just hanging out...hanging low! What the hell ever happened???

They are a blast! I am considering a profile gasser. I was out of things for a while and things moved on, big time. As I am getting back in, i have really wanted to get into bigger gas planes. But i still love my profile Hots! I my have to scale up a Hots and do a scratch build!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
30cc is the new .40! 30cc is a great size for starting out and for that plane you grab and go to the field with all the time when you don't want the big plane hassles

welcome to the site and jump right in with any questions you've got

Bart

That is what i am starting to think. 30cc Profile! Still connected to what i know as i learn about gas powered planes. Win-win