Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Hitec servo compare- mini vs micro

Discussion in 'RC Radio Systems' started by Alky6, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yup. I really don't know of any other devices that will kill a glow engine. The throttle cut works as well or better than a normal spark ignition kill.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I personally use the HS-5565MH servo for throttle duty. It's an adequately durable servo with a coreless motor that provides dead accurate centering. I've used half a dozen of these over the years and thus far (knock on wood) have yet to have one develop any kind of slop.

I don't use the throttle return spring on my carbs. My linkages are setup such that failure is likely to occur elsewhere, and that's what I have the ignition kill for anyways.

Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Thanks, and kind of what I expected...wishful thinking otherwise ;). What about full size but low-profile? Assume these have appropriate gear train assemblies?

And as a follow up, does Hitec have plans for a future HV low profile servo that is not a retract? I assume this specific servo type does not have a huge market segment?
    Thanks!

4. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Low Profile are fine. No plans for an HV low profile. We have the D777MG but it's not HV.

Alky6 likes this.
  5. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Thank you for the info!