Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Homemade rocket with explosive astronaut ejection

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, Dec 31, 2020.

1. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

All things considered it went quite well although it could so easily have been a disaster. The vertical launch rail holding up the rocket slightly restricted the launch but...it did get off the ground.

Herman Syx likes this.
  2. Ain’t going to lie, I was expecting a little more excitement out of such a big rocket. But now, I kinda want to build one. :) I use to play with model rockets 30 years ago. Wow. I’m getting old. :confused:

dhal22 and dominicm like this.
  3. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

So were we Mike! We wont have the same problem next time. You learn from these things and improve for next time.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. Ron2927

Ron2927 New to GSN!

The videography of the astronaut was great!

dominicm and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Agree, was expecting waaay more. I did Estes rockets 40 years ago and had some go 1000(?) feet in the air. Some were 2 stage. Easy for me as a kid though as my dad and uncle were aeronautical engineers with the Saturn V project on their resume and most likely did most of the work on the Estes rockets.

pawnshopmike likes this.