• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How did you get or come up with your user name?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dhal is some of my name, 22 is for Emmit Smith, one of my favorite Cowboy players ever. The screen name was started by my wife registering me somewhere and I've kept it ever since.

David

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Mine comes from the AvGas and other products "AeroShell" and my name "Sheldon" just shoved together. Been that for a long time now....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So the story goes, in my glow (shudder) days, I flew a variety of different airframes however have since mended my ways. My all time favorite was the Mustang. That is all I gravitated to it seemed. Hence, "Stangflyer" I was deemed. Upon "discovering" myself, (hee hee) I found that gas was really where it was at. I wanted to be one cool cat. I figure that eventually I will have another "Stang" only glow it will not be. For gas is the only way to go and Stangflyer I once again will be!

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Robo was my nickname (Robert) through school. The "tech" was added when I began repairing office equipment back in the early seventies. I think "Robotech" was also some sort of Japanese cartoon or something and many times folks confuse that. I never correct them, it doesn't matter.

19227=12646-230px-RobotechTitle1985.jpg
19227=12646-230px-RobotechTitle1985.jpg

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I have no imagination, so back in around 98 when I joined ebay I drove a Peterbilt with the truck number 024. I've used the screen name for everything I've done since then.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I am not very original either: I was born and raised in Tahiti, and was living and flying in Hawaii when I made it up.

SleepyC

150cc
Daytonarc;19193 wrote: @SleepyC?

My name comes from my days as a DJ/Musician. In 1990/91 I was booked to play a big club in NYC on NYE. (Play = DJ with actual records... ya know the 12" round things?)

Anyways, I had produced a few records that were popular and selling well and was the reason why I was booked to DJ, BUT funny enough no one in NYC really knew what I looked liked. SO I was at the club had a few cocktails and was hanging out waiting to play. (My slot was at 4am.) at around 2am, I got a bit tired so I went to the DJ booth and sat on my record crate.

Next thing I know it's 7am, and some guy is telling me to get the heck out, party is over... VAMOOSE.

SO, basically I had missed my DJ slot. My friends that were with me thought it was hilarious, and made fun of me with all guns blazing. And so we started the trip back to Ohio. Well on the way, we passed a popular NYC mattress shop called "Sleepy's" that has a chubby bear as the mascot. And I was not UNCHUBBY then, so my one friend pointed at the bear and said "Dude that is you, you are the Sleepy's Mattress mascot" And so I started to be called "Sleepy". And I adopted this as my DJ name. BUT.. there was a Hip Hop DJ named SleepyE in town, so I had to distinguish my self so I became "DJ SleepyC" on all my future records...

So WAY BACK in like 2004 when the original FlyingCirkus was active, I logged on as my DJ name.. and it stuck.. and I'm stuck...

(Paul Harvy voice) And now you know the rest of the story!