Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How would you make a canopy mold?

Discussion in 'Covering and Painting' started by acerc, May 2, 2015.

1. I know this thread is old but can anyone tell me the PETG thickness used for canopies. I may give it a shot.

2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Depends on the size of the plane. I did a canopy for a 30% cap out of .020 and it was a little thin so for a 30% I would go at least .030

3. I use .035 I had bought it in 4'x 8' sheets.. if I remember correctly it cost me $60 for 3 sheets.

4. I used .040 for the 46%'er.

5. Thanks guys. It's for my EF 104 extra. I doinked it in a while back and I haven't had time to repair the canopy. Several cracks in the front and I don't feel comfortable trying to glue it. Plus it would be ugly. EF is out of stock so this is an option unless anyone out there has a blue canopy that they're not using....

6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That should last you awhile.