• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

HS-7954 alternatives

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Good evening to all! I've been going over my AW Freestyle 260 30cc and considering doing a rudder servo update. I'm running a 5585 in it now, but I'm considering a 7954. It gets pretty hard use and I'm running a 2s lips setup so I need high voltage. Is there a different servo I should consider?

Thanks to all for the helpful information on this site!

Jonathan

mnfatboy

50cc
If you are looking to stay Hitec the HS-7955 is a great servo with titanium gear. Savox SV-1270TG is great servo for that size air frame and comes in with a bit more torque at about 487. I have run the 7954, 7955, the Savox in that size air frame with great success. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The way I understand it, the Savox and MKS have a different number of splines on the output shaft. I may stick with Hitec to keep the same SWB arm.

mnfatboy

50cc
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The way I understand it, the Savox and MKS have a different number of splines on the output shaft. I may stick with Hitec to keep the same SWB arm.
You are correct. MKS and Savox use 25T Futaba splines. Hitec is 24T except for the HS-8xxx or HSB-9xxx series servos which use 25T.