Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by BalsaDust, Jan 1, 2019.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Now that flying site is awesome. I would be proud to be a member. @pawnshopmike Is it private or publicly owned?
    And out of all those wonderful planes on the line the one that caught my eye the most is that 33% Spacewalker. Flew a friends many years ago but never got around to building one for myself. Got too caught up with the 3D ARF's o_O.

Bartman and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. It's a private club and yes it's an awesome place to fly. https://www.slrcfa.com/

I think the Spacwalker got the Best Plane Award if I remember right. It was a beauty for sure.

3. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

769D3AD5-C95D-456E-9CA7-6D1F4B4BCC8B.jpeg Nothing fancy just four relaxing flights on the UMX timber yesterday evening. Dead calm conditions made for some serious fun. Almost two full packs where burned just doing flat rudder turn figure eights a few feet off the ground and keeping it all within about a 50’ circle. Then fun times taking it up high cut power and full flaps and point the nose straight down. Pull hard up elevator about 10’ off the ground and it will flare into a nice pretty spot landing.

dhal22, AKNick, acerc and 3 others like this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Fun little plane no doubt! I just looked at mine the other day and relocated my tail wheel I blew off and found that the rudder was bent, and the lower empennage was cracked.... got some repairs to do!

49dimes and Snoopy1 like this.
  5. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

The indiana Flyers Club and the Murrysville Area RC club flew demonstration flights both yesterday and today at the Jimmy Stewart airshow at the Jimmy Stewart Airport located in Indiana PA. I manged to get three flights in. We had two 15 minute periods each day during the air show between the military aircraft shows and three aerobatic shows. Attached are a couple of the planes present. Got a lot sun looking up all day!
    IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0220.JPG

WMcNabb, acerc, Luchnia and 3 others like this.
  6. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Here are photos on the Cessna 310 that the local EAA is restoring for the airport. Two years ago and today. They are making progress. If i'm not mistaken, this plane belonged to Jimmy Stewart.

IMG_1871.JPG IMG_0223.JPG

WMcNabb, Luchnia, dhal22 and 4 others like this.
  7. Great looking restoration thus far. I really like the color scheme. Very classic.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and acerc like this.
  8. Spent the day at the Rolla Modelers field. Got 10 flights on various planes and hey all came home in one piece. Lots of food, fun, flying and friends. It was a great day. Only problem is I was so busy having fun, I forgot to take any pics. :D

dhal22, 49dimes, TonyHallo and 2 others like this.
  9. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

I got a bunch of reference photos as well for future use, it's not often to get to mill around a bunch of full scale airplanes. There was a Citabera there that is very similar to Champ, I was wondering how I might do the fabric around the stabilizer, now I know.

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Had a great day at the field sunny warm and not to much wind. Maiden the 260 profile and flew great, everything went well now I can concentrate on the next plane to be readied for the summer. Do need to go to the LHS to pick up a couple of 17-6 propellers the 16-8 does not cut it.

acerc, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.