• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Been really enjoying my 105 AJ Laser lately.

69319496_10221271260197967_117317907863568384_o.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I went flying yesterday. Unfortunately I believed the weather guessers when they said a 20% chance of spot showers. I packed up early when I saw the clouds of doom, but I got rained on most of my 35 minute trip home. The last ten minutes it was pouring so hard the wipers couldn't keep up. I had my 35% Extra 300X in the back of the truck, but before I left to come home I had taped the canopy seams on the front and rear, and also covered the pin flag switch hole and the Multiplex plug sockets. I got soaked unloading it from the truck, but the plane wasn't even wet inside thankfully. I still want to find the person responsible for the forecast and hit them with something heavy.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well,

I FINALLY figured out why I was having a terrible time starting the DA-50 in my H9 Extra 260 yesterday afternoon, but I was too tired to fly it. So I went out again this morning to give it another go. Today was also the first time I have flown the plane with the new servos, and let me tell you. Going from 20+ year old Futaba analog servos to Futaba SBUS digital servos made the plane allot more responsive than I thought it would. . . . . :yesss:. I'm glad I didn't have a pilot in that plane or I would have made the old chap air sick. . . . . :laughing:. The first thing I did when I landed was cut all of my throws in half, but I didn't get a chance to fly it again. We'll give it another shot tomorrow and hopefully get it calmed down a little more. . . . . :big_yes:.

WMcNabb

150cc
Had the field all to myself this morning.
Finally have the Flex Cessna dialed in. Can’t believe how slow it flies!
Put a 4S in the Commander and had an absolute blast with it!
Even drug out an oldie, the E-flite Staggerwing. Flew very well also.

Attachments

• 64C22D16-4089-4B5C-AB70-967667BB923A.jpeg
    64C22D16-4089-4B5C-AB70-967667BB923A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 257
  • 8B1B01A8-A7DD-4F39-A413-E2056245A9E4.jpeg
    8B1B01A8-A7DD-4F39-A413-E2056245A9E4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 234

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well,

I FINALLY figured out why I was having a terrible time starting the DA-50 in my H9 Extra 260 yesterday afternoon, but I was too tired to fly it. So I went out again this morning to give it another go. Today was also the first time I have flown the plane with the new servos, and let me tell you. Going from 20+ year old Futaba analog servos to Futaba SBUS digital servos made the plane allot more responsive than I thought it would. . . . . :yesss:. I'm glad I didn't have a pilot in that plane or I would have made the old chap air sick. . . . . :laughing:. The first thing I did when I landed was cut all of my throws in half, but I didn't get a chance to fly it again. We'll give it another shot tomorrow and hopefully get it calmed down a little more. . . . . :big_yes:.

Sure feels good getting an update every now and then! Heck Analog to digital alone!!! ha ha!! I remember making the switch from 72mHz to 2.4gHz still, I was flying a Pheonix Strega with a 46AX in it all evening - fast plane... Got my new radio in, and made the switch that night, went flying the next day... at the speed it was going, I could actually feel the response time was better. Never forget it!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

I Took the H9 Extra 260 back out today and had a blast. For some reason, I'm still having a little bit of an issue with starting the DA-50. I don't know why, but it seems like the engine floods immediately, even with the choke off. Have any of you fellas had any issues like that with a DA-50? Once the engine is running, it works flawlessly. It has way more than enough power for the plane and is very easy on fuel consumption. Before I flew the plane the first time, I did something I've only done with one other plane I have. I put expo on all of the flying surfaces. I ended up putting 30% on everything on low rates and 40% on high rates. The combination of smaller throws and the expo made the plane an absolute dream to fly, but still not quite as smooth as I think it should be.. After the first flight, I went in and reduced the ailerons and elevator a little bit more and now I can honestly say that the only problem with the way the plane flies is the person holding the transmitter.

With the 260 flying the way it is, I can consider it done. That means I can turn my focus back onto finishing my Yak. Also, since nobody knows what Dorian is going to do, the club is thinking about postponing the Scale Fly-In that is scheduled for this Saturday. This is kind of good news because it may give me the time to finish the Yak. Depending n the weather, hopefully I will be able to post some progress on my Yak thread one night this week. . . . . .:dancing-chicken:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Fellas,

I Took the H9 Extra 260 back out today and had a blast. For some reason, I'm still having a little bit of an issue with starting the DA-50. I don't know why, but it seems like the engine floods immediately, even with the choke off. Have any of you fellas had any issues like that with a DA-50? Once the engine is running, it works flawlessly. It has way more than enough power for the plane and is very easy on fuel consumption. Before I flew the plane the first time, I did something I've only done with one other plane I have. I put expo on all of the flying surfaces. I ended up putting 30% on everything on low rates and 40% on high rates. The combination of smaller throws and the expo made the plane an absolute dream to fly, but still not quite as smooth as I think it should be.. After the first flight, I went in and reduced the ailerons and elevator a little bit more and now I can honestly say that the only problem with the way the plane flies is the person holding the transmitter.

With the 260 flying the way it is, I can consider it done. That means I can turn my focus back onto finishing my Yak. Also, since nobody knows what Dorian is going to do, the club is thinking about postponing the Scale Fly-In that is scheduled for this Saturday. This is kind of good news because it may give me the time to finish the Yak. Depending n the weather, hopefully I will be able to post some progress on my Yak thread one night this week. . . . . .:dancing-chicken:.
Something is not right on your DA50 have several and they all start the same a couple of flips with the choke on until it fires choke off flip a few more times and it is running. Carburetor on idle all the time. There may be something with the flappers in your fuel pump side of the carburetor , that is what I would check first.