Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by BalsaDust, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

You guys are going to LOL but we actually got 2" of snow in SoCal the other night!!!!!

Trying to make plans to go fly in the desert this coming weekend since there's a TFR that encompasses my club right now :(

2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

LOL! :banana-dance:

3. Very cool. Should be a great year at Midwest Air Wing. And Jeff at Redwing is a super cool dude. Glad he’s supporting your club.

4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

TFR? I am lost.

5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Temporary Flight Restriction.

6. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

How fitting. Stang flyer would indeed be lost with a TFR.

7. Rain rain rain and more rain here in the Charlotte NC area. 100% chance tomorrow. I,m putting together a new electric plane right now. I might get to fly it one day soon.

8. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yes, Temporary Flight Restriction. Lots of border activity here as of late and the Border Patrol is requiring all of the airspace in the area.

I also experienced something new this morning on my way into work. Black Ice apparently occurs when temps are in the low 20's, and going sideways at highway speeds (even momentarily) is not something I was expecting :oblong:

49dimes, Luchnia, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  9. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Here they increased the Class D airspace (permanently) for airline flight paths. Pretty lame, but luckily our club is still covered with out letter of agreement with the tower, faa, and USFS in certain locations. I need to work on another one for my float plane spot so I don't have to call the tower. FWIW 5 miles from the tower you are required to contact them but honestly they really only care about 3 miles in class D.

Black ice you say? whaaaaa?? ;) Lots of that here. The scary part is when the road is dry and there is enough humidity from a stream/river to create an interesting driving experience if you're not aware. I've seen the back end slip out.
    We have had freezing fog lately... not too bad here, makes everything slippery. The craziest freezing fog I have ever seen was in Fairbanks, AK. I was driving through the super cooled fog that once it hit the truck it accumulated very fast. absolutely bonkers. People were pulled over because of the ice buildup on their wipers and windshield.

49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  10. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @Snoopy1 ,
    You are absolutely right, my friend. I wouldn't have it any other way. . . . . . . . . :yesss:

Hey Rob,

Springtime can't get here fast enough for me either. Un fortunately I cannot enjoy flying in the winter any more. . . . . . :(

Hey Doug,

Looks like you guys had an AWESOME time. . . . . :big_yes:.