Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I love classic pattern thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dhal22, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I really wish I would have gotten my Tipo from Leo. I was very disappointed in the quality of the one I bought. Plus he's only about an hour away. He offered me one in trade for some painting, but I had already bought one.:(

I spent some time last night figuring out what parts I need to build the Tipo. It's going to be electric so I can take it when I'm flying helicopters. I have the motor, ESC, and batteries and receiver, but I still need a pile of servos and the retracts.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Dang,

I don't know what's worse, not visiting this thread in over 2 years or not flying my Dalotel in over 2-1/2 years. . . . . . . :(. It is hard to believe its been that long.

dhal22 and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The pattern ship you are discussing is it one of the older ones or is it new larger new pattern planes.

4. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Tipo is a classic pattern plane.

thumb-IMG_4234.JPG

pawnshopmike, Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.
  5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

A classic go fast ballistic pattern plane!

Here's another good one.

dscn0098_8a969d1fe36ce0daf75373a830a31241503da1b6.jpg dscn0095_d243322b8354aa3dd08ba4010463041364c0808f.jpg

pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Love the old stuff. Really like the stabilizer when dihedral is revered, it really looks cool. One you could fly those planes in a hurricane and still look good. And as you said go like hell.