• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

If you get a drone for Christmas!

Mikeq

150cc
That's a good one Sleepy and that pretty much spells out the situation...I have a few quads already so I know I wont be getting one for Christmas...
big-tears.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Very cool that you make GSN a very big part of getting the word for compliance out. Sometimes education is not enough. People need to be reminded and coached. :way_to_go:

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I think I will be unpopular with this comment, but I think quad copters could be the demise of flying rc airplanes. I had one flying in my backyard last year. it wasn't just flying over either, it was about 1o feet. The neighbor thought it was funny. I informed him if he did it again, his copter would meet its demise. I just think people are entitled to their privacy. Unfortunately, I don't think he was breaking any laws, because I don't own the air, but he was being extremely careless and unsafe.

Jedijody

50cc
Sometimes education is not enough. People need to be reminded and coached. :way_to_go:

Undoubtedly, some will need to be beaten, and their "drones" taken away. I agree with Dooinit, ignorant people and idiots will cause continually increasing regulation and restriction until it's all outlawed. It is far from over.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Undoubtedly, some will need to be beaten, and their "drones" taken away. I agree with Dooinit, ignorant people and idiots will cause continually increasing regulation and restriction until it's all outlawed. It is far from over.

Yep, once the idiots, both government and careless drone flyers, get the public riled up enough, they'll make more utterly ridiculous rules that cover the entire RC hobby.

garlandk

100cc
I missed last years Joe Nall and have not read up on this...but how are they going to control freq next year at Nall with FPV planes? I heard talk about play it safe and turn on your video rx first to see if anyone is on that channel. Just curious. I see a lot more FPV flying at Nall this year. Which could be good...but could also be bad....