• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

aarestor

70cc twin V2
Best thing for me was to go to a contest out of town. I learned a ton and had a blast. There are some very knowledgeable people out there. I brought what I learned back to my club and it has made things better for our contests.

-Rick-

100cc
What I could use is some help with controlling my speed. I kept worrying about how much speed I was going to carry on the sharks tooth coming down so I would throttle back on the up line, but I always killed off my speed to the point that the plane just fell over the top and got bent out of shape every time. I need to keep more throttle on.

Practice, practice, practice!!!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Maybe start backing off the gas and push or pull the nose to 45° in one smooth motion at like 1/3rd or 1/4 throttle, the corners dont need to be sharp, but a radius , smooth but defined.
I think of my throttle having only 4 positions, idle, quarter, half and full. Or... stall, turn, level flight and upline.
Amen on the practice practice practice.

Last edited:
Go to Judging School------Go to Judging Scholl---Go to Judging School.
I flew almost a whole year in Basic before I found out I was loosing half of my points flying the horizontal line prior to the next maneuver.
If your going to score well, you have to know what you are being judged on.