• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Incidence Meters

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
If I was to use one i would use the Robart. With that said I would save your money and use the datam line or the top of the fuse without the hatch on. You can use a long 6' staight edge but make sure it true and not bowed or use a string line in same manner and measyre down from it to LE and TE of wing then do same for the H-stab. For me I dont trust any of the meter readings as much as a solid measurment. You do the same type of measuring for other than zero incidence if need just have to do the math. Just my 2 cents.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I'll probably get laughed at with this, but since I only "build" aerobatic planes. I have gone to using a tape measure and very carefully measuring from a known datum point. I have not used an incidence meter for my last 5 wing installations and normally require only 1-2 clicks of aileron if any.

What was recommended to me by a respected pro builder is to set them by measuring and verify with a meter. My battery's went dead in the meter two builds ago...

That's how we go about doing it with full scale planes that we rebuild :way_to_go: