• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

JAG

70cc twin V2
I love all the sanding marks on the cowl. Makes me think of Days of Thunder when they say rubbings racing.

Haha. Yeah @capthis repaired the cowl for me. I did some sanding to get it smooth. But I think planes always fly better with a few battle scars. One of these years I'd like to completely redo the scheme and replant and recover. But for now I'm going to fly the heck out of it.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Couple pictures from last night.

Attachments

• 58890.jpeg
    58890.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 58892.jpeg
    58892.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 58895.jpeg
    58895.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 248

JAG

70cc twin V2
Ok so the only issue I had when flying last weekend was a small hesitation in the engine. It didn't do it all the time and usually on a 45 degree up line when rolled inverted. @capthis thinks it's a pressure change in the cowl causing issues with the carb metering pressure.

So I soldered One of the holes closed and soldered a small piece of fuel tubing in the other hole. Then I attached a piece of fuel tubing to it and I'm running that back inside the fuselage.

While I'm at it, I'm going to make a plate to seal off the fuselage from the cowl. Currently there is a large hole in the bottom motor box plate.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

JAG

70cc twin V2
Added a ply plate to seal off the fuse and added some grommets for the fuels lines. Going to spend a little time going over all the bolts and make sure everything is tight. Then put the cowl back on and get it ready to fly.

It will be awhile though. Headed for vacation next week.

image.jpeg

BalsaDust

Where you get the blue fuel tubing from Josh? That hangar 9 edge I did for a buddy had it as well but all I have used is the greenish yellow tygon and black viton tubing.

JAG

70cc twin V2
TaildraggerRC

That's the only place I've seen it. Chad said it holds up well but time will tell. I'm not a fan of the yellow tygon since the yellow rubs off on stuff.

BalsaDust

Interesting. I haven't seen mine rub on anything as of yet. I only use it outside the tank though for my pick up in the tank it's the black viton tubing.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Maybe it was the batch I got, maybe it was old. But my hands were yellow when I was done. And it runs yellow off on white covering.