• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Cool. Hitec is the same way. I might have to look into one. I have to use a powerbox on bigger planes because hitec only offers a 9 channel.

After much hacking and some very good pointers on RCGroups (esp. TeroS) I've finally managed to get the DS-16 doing what I want for IMAC flight :) Mainly this means stick activated snaps with hysteresis (where the condition is exited at a different, lower rate than it was entered at so you can unload elevator during a multiple snap without condition changing). I thought it might be useful, so my design spreadsheet is below.

L9, L10, L11 are used to switch three flight conditions for different snaps
L13 is used to switch a stall turn (hammerhead) condition.
All the other switches are doing the hard work of the logic in the background!

My radio is mode 2 so THR = P4, RUD = P3, ELE = P2 but you could sub these easily for different radio modes. (C, P) = Center, proportional. (C, P, R) = Centre, proportional, reverse) ...

I'd be interested in any feedback, especially from seasoned IMAC pilots :)

Capture.JPG

The image look a bit blurry, so I've attached a better quality PDF too with it in.

Attachments

• export.pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 484

thurmma

150cc
Ok, I have aGP-176EVO with a tach port that drives an RCExcel tach just fine. I ordered the mrpm-ac and configured it as though it was a dle ignition with tach port and no luck. I swapped the connector around and still nothing. I have the red wire from the module connected to the white wire from the tach port and the black to the black.

Do I have to program the module to change the number of poles? If so, does it have to be done with a Jetibox? If it does, then someone is going to get a screaming deal on this module.

I am using this with a CB200 and 2 3channel rx's on pin 14 set for telemetry input.

Thanks in advance for the help. I am using a DS-14 and the module is recognized. I have it set to display on the main screen along with logging.

@thurmma you will need to change the number of poles to 2. Don't worry though, you already have a Jetibox! It is a software version built into you transmitter, you'll find it under Applications -> Jetibox on your TX.

Do note that when you are using two receivers you need to select the Jetibox for the receiver your telemetry module is plugged into. That's what the JB1/JB2 is on the screen of your TX when using the Jetibox, just switch between them to find your module (this caught me out for a long time as some of my modules showed on JB1, and some on JB2). If you haven't used a Jetibox before, it is not that user friendly, but there will be a handy flowchart in the instructions of your MRPM-AC that will help you find the setting you need.

thurmma

150cc
@scruffmeister I actually have the module plugged into the CB200 on pin 14. Do I need to plug it into a rx to make the changes? I will exeriment with it tonight :)

Thank you for the insight.

@thurmma if after changing to 2 pole you are still not up and running try the following links. Firstly, wiring:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32085477&postcount=13

Then if still no, look at this - it suggests some resistance may be needed between the ignition supply voltage and the red wire on the MRPM-AC. I haven't tried this and my electrical knowledge is not perfect so please check this with someone you trust!!

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1524-Jeti-DS-16-and-Telemetry&p=55788&viewfull=1#post55788

Also, I saw this video - the guy says he got the MRPM-AC working with a RXCEL ignition, but not the stock DLE one. Maybe this is to do with the resistance mentioned above - perhaps the RXCEL has the resistor, the DLE ignition not?

Hope that helps!