Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall, Friday Pics

Discussion in 'Joe Nall Week' started by Bartman, May 13, 2016.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

Hey folks,

We're having a great time down here in South Carolina, the weather has been absolutely perfect and everyone's getting in a lot of flying. Even I got in a few flights on Thursday as I spent most of the day at the main flight line hanging out and just living the Nall lifestyle with my fellow modelers.

I haven't taken a ton of photos but I did come up with a new feature for the site and I'll post a few new threads to it as soon as I can get it set up. You'll know it when you see it.

For the most part the focus is on the members and their planes so that's how most of the photos are organized.

@Tseres
    IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

And with that folks, I'm going to have to upload the rest when I get back home. I'm camping at Triple Tree (Read that as, no internet) and the upload speed at the McDonalds in Woodruff is ssssssslllllllloooooooooowwwwww. I tried!

2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

TN, USA
    First time at Nall for me. Had an absolute blast!!

Helped serve the BBQ dinner, where 1,200 people went through the line in 12 minutes flat!

My photos aren't the best, but hope you enjoy...

Wade

IMG_1540.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Bartman, Joe Hunt, AKNick and 11 others like this.
  3. Awesome pics guys! Thanks so much for sharing.:way_to_go:

WMcNabb likes this.
  4. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

What Mike said! :I_agree:

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Everybody else is holding out on us.

WMcNabb and Decal Dennis like this.
  6. Bartman

Thanks for posting those and sorry we didn't get to meet up while we were there Wade.

I finally to see @MattyMatt 's Exclusiv Modelbau Challenger fly and it was just beautiful. He had told me I'd like the way it flew as it had enough power but not too much and he was right, it trucked around with very scale like speed and cut very scale like lines through the sky, all very nice to watch. The big Christen Eagle is from the same manufacturer and it too was just so nice to watch. Either one could be mistaken for full scale if there weren't so many RC models around!

MattyMatt, pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.
  7. Bartman

Here's a few more from Friday, I'll post throughout the day while I also unpack, cut the grass, brush the dogs, maybe sneak in a nap at some point...... :bigyawn:

This is member Jacob Helber, winner of last year's MKS servo giveaway with his PAU Edge 540T, 36% with a DA-120, he was also flying his ExtremeFlightRC 88" Edge with his prize servos in it and a DA-60, @jhelber08
    IMG_9985.JPG IMG_9992.JPG IMG_9993.JPG IMG_9994.JPG IMG_9995.JPG

8. Bartman

@Spats hosted out little meet-up on Wednesday night, he'll have to give us the specifics on this one when he gets back to California in a couple of days. And Randy's got this trailer, it's more like a nightclub but in the the generic sense I guess it's a trailer, if you're not sure where to go at any given time just go towards the music and there will always be something happening there!

IMG_9986.JPG
    IMG_9987.JPG IMG_9988.JPG IMG_9989.JPG IMG_9990.JPG

9. Bartman

@Yakattack , as I came to learn, is probably the best pilot you've never heard of! The guy's got skills! I never met him before but after a little rain moved through Thursday night and everyone was at the 3D pavilion drinking beer and hanging out, this guy quietly starts killing it in the dark with a foamy right in front of everyone! Doesn't say a word, no fancy sponsors shirt, just quietly letting his flying do the talking! The next day I caught up to him after he got done flying his RedAeroRC MXSR (in the yellow Nigel Lamb racing scheme, DLE-111,) and we got to talk. He and his Dad are Team MOJO (Mike Owen Justin Owen, from Grayson, GA) and I can tell you Justin is holding up his end of the MOJO name! Mike is also here, he goes by @shotgun

IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0081.JPG

Too bad RedAeroRC is no longer around, that plane flew awesome!

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  10. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Sweet! Nice to put some pics with the names.

pawnshopmike likes this.