• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR 8611 repairs

JJ914

New to GSN!
does anyone know if JR will still service 8611 and 8611a servos. The ones we have are sloppy and my 8611a is locked up. If they do how much does it generally run.
And would you send them to JR or Horizon.
Thanks

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
there's a service request form at the Horizon website. i sent in three 8411's and 1 8711 a few months ago and they repaired them with new gears and pots for about $40 each, if i recall correctly.

turnaround time was less than two weeks.

i then burned out two of them by putting 6S lipo power through them by mistake but that's on me :(

Yep! Horizon will carry parts and pieces for them for years to come. Sad to say, that if any of them are burnt up, they won't replace the motor. I sent in a burnt up 8611a, and was told that I was out of luck. Same way with a 3421. Motor was 2/3 cost of the servo! What!?!?!?!!

Basically since the 8611as are discontinued, Horizon have told a couple of friends that returned them for repairs that they
can only deal with gear train / case issues as those were the only repair parts still available..

ryan_m

100cc
I've got a JR8611A in good condition that I was about to list, has a 2" arm on it I think. If anybody is interested in it let me know. $55 shipped maybe?