• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale JTEC 1/3 Scale Taylorcraft

kork

70cc twin V2
Thanks for bringing the build to GSN!
Rich,Dr-E and Dennis are great help on this build, and don't forget the boys over there at JTEC!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Looking very nice :) Have you considered something like this Falcon Civilian prop? It would look fantastic on that Taylorcraft :yesss:
Falcon civilian.jpg

Oh man......I wish I would have seen that prop before I spent $115 on the 3 blade Biela. Might have to list the Biela in the classifieds so I can order the Civilian prop.

Thanks for bringing the build to GSN!
Rich,Dr-E and Dennis are great help on this build, and don't forget the boys over there at JTEC!
Thanks Kork. I have made a nuisance of myself with all of the above and I am sure I will continue to have more questions. I am really enjoying the challenge of this build. Probably taking longer than it should but I am committed to doing it right.

kork

70cc twin V2
That's why the lord invented snow( so we can build). Just make sure you have it done before summer hits!

That's why the lord invented snow( so we can build). Just make sure you have it done before summer hits!
Ok kork.....got a question for you. Did you find it necessary to do a lot of filling and sanding around the doors to get it smooth and level ? Thinking maybe I did something wrong when I glued the side plywood formers in place because I am spending a lot of time trying to get it to look right.

kork

70cc twin V2
I don't remember any of that but I do remember the doors follow the shape of the fuse and are flat on the inside,
They do take some time with the latch's but worth it when you maiden the bird!!
Especially with a twin hanging on the nose!
Awesome