• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Looking good Paul, you dont need my help yet, im gonna go take a nap then. LOL,
Merry Christmas guys, enjoy your holiday.

Alky6

150cc
Well, finding some time to get back after this project. The stab doublers were added to the fuse sides and the glue is dry (for a while now). Tonight I started on a jig to cut and join the longerons. Going to cut them at 30 deg. More to follow.

image.jpg

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Family Holiday schedule has slowed the build down a bit. Was able to glue the fuse doublers on last night. My boys' jar of BB's sure does make a nice weight. Used the tape so the doubler didn't slide out of position while adding weights. Next is to glue on the stab doublers, make up some longerons and get them glued to the fuse. Will work on getting the aluminum landing gear brackets located and bolted up to the motor box while glue dries.
-Paul

View attachment 7377
So it looks like these kits has sides that are all laser cut. I guess they are pre built? Sure looks like it would build fast

Alky6

150cc
You are correct except for joining them together in the middle. I just need to finish the longerons and glue them to the fuse sides. Then start putting the fuse together with all the formers. I had hoped to get a whole bunch of this done before I have to go back to work, but, as those who are still married know, there are many holiday obligations that wifey has. LOL. Besides, really enjoyed the distractions with my boys who are 7&9 - tons of fun. If one had the time, this kit could go really fast. Kind of a paradox isn't it? LOL.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
You are correct except for joining them together in the middle. I just need to finish the longerons and glue them to the fuse sides. Then start putting the fuse together with all the formers. I had hoped to get a whole bunch of this done before I have to go back to work, but, as those who are still married know, there are many holiday obligations that wifey has. LOL. Besides, really enjoyed the distractions with my boys who are 7&9 - tons of fun. If one had the time, this kit could go really fast. Kind of a paradox isn't it? LOL.
You don't need to explain yourself to me. My 7 yr old and 3 yr old twins keep me going non stop. Wife likes to keep me busy as well. Just take your time and it will eventually be done.

Alky6

150cc
;)Is it done yet?
I maidened it yesterday! In the dark - it has LED lights! Looking to start a new night time IMAC competition. Unfortunately, it didn't go well, and I had to start over. Soooooo, I am at about the same place as where I left off last time. Will try to take this one a little slower this time and forgo the lights and night flying!

Alky6

150cc
cough, cough, look who's talking, cough, cough. LOL! :laughing:

Actually Paul is going to try and do us some favors on the 2.7 CS by reworking the manual a bit so we have one more specific to the 2.7.

LOL!!

Yep! Might as well, since I am going through it anyway - it will be fun, and I'll learn a bunch more that way! Thanks for letting me do it!