• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

BalsaDust

I'm running the smart fly equalizer on the elevator servos of my pau sukhoi in my profile pic. Works great and allows you to match end points and what not.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob,

Sorry I am just catching up with the setup. One rudder servo will be fine if it has god torque. If you run out of port you can use a matchbox or Futaba MA10 . you get additional ports plus they allow you to reverse direction of the servo's and control the throw to match servos

just a thought. Also watch your throws, go easy to start as it will not require max deflection

Al
I have plenty of ports with the Smart Fly Micro 12. Plus my Hitec programmer and radio offers any programming I will ever need.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'd Y your rudder and elevator servos in the SF if you can do it, give you individual channels on the ailerons.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'd Y your rudder and elevator servos in the SF if you can do it, give you individual channels on the ailerons.
Thanks Tanner. Removing one rudder servo as the Pitts really does not need two 7954 servos. Which will eliminate any need for "Y" harnesses and still leave me plenty of servo ports to single channel each surface.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks Tanner. Removing one rudder servo as the Pitts really does not need two 7954 servos. Which will eliminate any need for "Y" harnesses and still leave me plenty of servo ports to single channel each surface.

I forgot this is only a 26%. You don't need 2 rudder servos on that airplane, you don't even need 2 rudder servos on a 35%. Save some weight and save that servo for another airplane ;)

Kinda disagree, that funky wire connecting the two elevator halves will flex and cause grief. I will be adding the second servo to my elevator.
My 33% R C Guys Pitts.

Attachments

• Pitts 006.JPG
    Pitts 006.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Kinda disagree, that funky wire connecting the two elevator halves will flex and cause grief. I will be adding the second servo to my elevator.
My 33% R C Guys Pitts.
Your design is different from my Jtec Pitts. There is no joiner wire for the elevator halves.

Ignition hall sensor is plugged in and timing set. Removed the extra rudder servo extension and reprogrammed my radio. I now have 1 rudder servo lead, 2 elevator and four aileron servo leads. All on separate channels. Of course the throttle is on one and the last (9th) channel is for ignition activation.

Got quite a bit yet to do, so will be burning some midnight oil.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
and the last (9th) channel is for ignition activation.

?? Never seen a bipe without smoke! JK
I know huh?!? I figured someone would point this out. I honestly really truly did consider it. But two things stopped me. The first being kind of paramount. "Weight"! The weight these things apparently come in, I was too sceard to add any more weight. Second stopper is, the last plane I had smoke on, the residual residue from the smoke oil nearly destroyed the plane in a matter of 5 flights. I have also seen the nasty mess everyone else has on theirs. I swore I'd never put smoke on another plane.