• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Killer night flying show from across the pond!

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
ha ha lucky kid! Cool cop I'm curious...I know that the line-of-sight rule was being debated last summer...but, was he breaking any laws? I don't fly fpv and consequently, haven't really paid a lot of attention to the debate. I am concerned about RC aviation being used by terrorists. I saw a video of a quadcopter crashing into the podium where Angela Merkl (sp?) was speaking. Scary stuff with all of the GPS technology available...sorry, turning the thread into a bummer.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
ha ha lucky kid! Cool cop I'm curious...I know that the line-of-sight rule was being debated last summer...but, was he breaking any laws? I don't fly fpv and consequently, haven't really paid a lot of attention to the debate. I am concerned about RC aviation being used by terrorists. I saw a video of a quadcopter crashing into the podium where Angela Merkl (sp?) was speaking. Scary stuff with all of the GPS technology available...sorry, turning the thread into a bummer.

No I think at the time it was really new and so the officer was more interested in how it worked then worrying about any laws being broke. I disagree with the pilots behavior as it makes us all look like we're idiots flying something that could crash into a person, a home, cause a traffic accident etc.. Not to mention the possibility of a lipo fire on impact as well. People should know better. I also had to let a guy know (after he showed me his video of flying over the freeway) that i didn't agree with his excitement or actions and explained the battle we are in. He is not a member at our field or a member of AMA. Just someone that bought an apprentice and strapped on a camera. i think he understood afterwards.