Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by Jetpainter, Oct 11, 2018.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

this should be fun.

stangflyer, 49dimes and Jetpainter like this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I was able to get the cowl to fit really nicely, with a little argument. The two upper bolt holes are going to take a little filling, I had to move them a bit.

20181010_205911_resized.jpg 20181010_205917_resized.jpg 20181010_210709_resized.jpg

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I decided I wasn't happy with the look of the canopy bolts I used, so I decided to replace them with countersunk flat heads. I don't have the right countersink here, so I used a drill bit by hand, then a carbide burr by hand in a pinvise. It took a while to get them just right, but the results were good. I'll probably paint them to match.

20181011_201449_resized.jpg 20181011_205614_resized.jpg 20181011_205625_resized.jpg 20181011_205837_resized.jpg

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

That's straight up P.I.M.P. what you did with the canopy bolts.

Snoopy1, stangflyer, dhal22 and 3 others like this.
  5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I sub'd earlier before anyone else so +0 for me :lol2:

Snoopy1, stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Have to agree with @BalsaDust . You definitely pimpin' the ride :afro:.

Snoopy1, stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  7. You would think that would be the way Krill would have done it. Superb Jetpainter!

49dimes, Snoopy1, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  8. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

That is a really terrific idea with the counter sunk canopy screws. I have often wondered why more ARF makers didn't dream up something really cool. I have resorted to the Seacraft affixing hardware. Though I think it looks nice, the counter sunk method is much cleaner and...well, just really sexy.
    You can bet I will be watching this thread "VERY" closely.

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Nice job on the counter sink screws, that not easy to do because the centres have to perfect.

Jetpainter likes this.
  10. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

NICE!.....it'll be 1 mph faster now!!! Not sure i'd paint the screw heads....they'll get chipped eventually from the allen wrench.

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.