• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Large E Power set up

click the pirate

New to GSN!
I am new here but have been all electric for a while, I don't claim to know it all but if anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

My current large set up is a Hacker A100-8 spinning a 28x10 xoar prop, with a Castle 160 HV2 on 12s 10k. Flying a 26 lb 96 inch wing Sbach profile. Its a huge floater!!!

20121219_191221.jpgIMG_20121224_114021.jpg

hone

150cc
Awesome!

I have a question...Do you know of a good 12s power system for a 3D plane that would weigh around 13 pounds. I would like to use 2 6s 4000s.

Maybe not as large as you meant but it would be awesome to use the same packs on a 78'' as the 60'' planes.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Awesome!

I have a question...Do you know of a good 12s power system for a 3D plane that would weigh around 13 pounds. I would like to use 2 6s 4000s.

Maybe not as large as you meant but it would be awesome to use the same packs on a 78'' as the 60'' planes.

Joe I think I am going to do just that. I am having a ball flying my 60" Laser and am going to stand by until EF makes the larger one that some are talking about. In the mean time I am looking at as many posts as I can to get info. I am going to order a Gecko 120HV for the Black Friday sale but I think from the numbers I have run 12S 3,300 works out pretty good. Lets stay in touch on this.

hone

150cc
Joe I think I am going to do just that. I am having a ball flying my 60" Laser and am going to stand by until EF makes the larger one that some are talking about. In the mean time I am looking at as many posts as I can to get info. I am going to order a Gecko 120HV for the Black Friday sale but I think from the numbers I have run 12S 3,300 works out pretty good. Lets stay in touch on this.

Keep me posted on this for sure.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Keep me posted on this for sure.

Am am going to officially start my venture this Friday with AltitudeHobbies Black Friday sale. Going to get a 120A Gecko HV ESC. Using 12S we won't need anywhere need that amp capacity but no lower HV Esc's.