Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Little something different.....

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Terryscustom, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

Well it seems that as I go around I see more and more 3D guy's with at least one warbird and one modified trainer or other scale flying plane in their trailer. @thelaw and I have a Decathlon but it's a bit big to just toss in the truck for a quick trip out. So, I figured I'd design my own. I cot a chance to fly a friends Kadet modified with no dihedral and with ailerons and it was a hoot. I I started sketching.

Now if anyone knows how I work it has to be two things (other than nice flying)......
    1 - EASY TO BUILD
    2 - Badass

What I ended up with will be 102" wing, 78" long, swamper tires, two cylinders and with luck under 17 pounds.

Took about 8 hours of drawing and so far 1.5 hours to build the fuse....

cad.jpg

Attached Files:

49dimes, ObrienDigital, Spats and 4 others like this.
  2. Terryscustom

Tail feathers, laser cut middle, balsa outside, laser cut pre-hinged surfaces.
    9261.jpeg 9270.jpeg

Joe Hunt, ericrs and ChickenBalls like this.
  3. Terryscustom

Assembly so far, cutting foam wings and canopy tonight. USPS just showed up with my landing gear and wheels:mario-banana:. LOL, if we did not have plans this weekend I could fly this thing next week!

Attached Files:

49dimes, Joe Hunt, ericrs and 3 others like this.
  4. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

it must have floats!!

5. Terryscustom

That would be easy to do! For now I'll stick with 6" floaty tires.

Attached Files:

Robbins likes this.
  6. HOLY CRAP! Terry you never cease to amaze me. I'm thinking my DA70 would work well on this.:D

ChickenBalls likes this.
  7. Terryscustom

I like the way you think.....should I PM my address? LOL. Just kidding. DLE60 twin up front will do nicely. I picked a nice semi-symmetrical (Selig 8036) airfoil so it will fly nice inverted and should still 3D nice as well (just to scare the O.G.'s at the field).:laughing:

49dimes, thurmma and dhal22 like this.
  8. :lol2:

Great minds think alike! But you already have my address.:yesss:

9. mndless

mndless Don't know a thing..

That is just awesome.. !

10. Nice Terry! It look like it would be a blast to fly. You going to kit it?

ericrs likes this.