• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Looking for 60"ish precision/3D electric airframe

SlowpokeMoses

New to GSN!
I'm looking for your opinion on the best precision/3D air frame in the 60 inch range. I love my foamy but I'm looking for something a bit bigger to fly that still transports easily. I'm not sure i want to jump up to the 70-74" range as then I might as well take out my 50cc.

ryan_m

100cc
Look at the Extreme Flight 60" planes. Doesn't get much better than those.
Extra 300 is a good precision with 3d capable plane.
Laser is a bit better at 3d, and gives up a tiny bit in precision probably.
The MXS slants a little more towards 3d, aggressive 3d especially. Still good at precision flying too.
The Edge is great at low and slow 3d. Forgiving and easy to fly plane that will help you get comfortable down on the deck if you aren't already.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Look at the Extreme Flight 60" planes. Doesn't get much better than those.
Extra 300 is a good precision with 3d capable plane.
Laser is a bit better at 3d, and gives up a tiny bit in precision probably.
The MXS slants a little more towards 3d, aggressive 3d especially. Still good at precision flying too.
The Edge is great at low and slow 3d. Forgiving and easy to fly plane that will help you get comfortable down on the deck if you aren't already.

+1........not really much more to say. I'll add that EF planes are built well and seem to be very durable. Customer service before and after the sale is there as well.

There are other great ARF's, just don't think you'll find any that are better than EF.

SlowpokeMoses

New to GSN!
I was leaning towards EF. I've owned their 70" extra but sold it before I flew it to help fund my pilot rc 37.5% yak. I was impressed with the extra. Maybe I should try them again and actually fly one of their planes. My other choice is the AJ laser 230...

Dr_D_2k

30cc
I really liked my Precision Aerobatics Extra MX. Right up until I ejected the batteries and watched it scream back to earth.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
60" Extra is on rails. And is a 3d beast. I wasn't a fan of the 60" edge but loved the 48" and 88". Might have just been that set up. I hear the Laser is great.