• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mark Boguszewski: A GSN APPROVED Master Builder!

I actually have a 118" Carden 260 that Mark built which went from Dennis, to Brad Petty, and now it's in our Hanger. It's in the Oracle scheme and still looks mint condition. I will (very carefully) fly it in a contest or two this year. Glad to see Mark actually posted in this thread as well. Good for him to know about all of us that really admire his work. I always wondered about how difficult this Oracle scheme was to create. And, I wondered if the picture at the beginning of the thread is our plane. Looks identical but maybe he built more than one in that scheme.

Congrats to you Mark. You deserve the recognition for your work.
You put a lot of time and loving patience into all of your builds. I have had the pleasure of owning many of Mark's builds over the years, and all have been a joy to own and I was always proud to say that he had built and covered them. They always showed well, flew well and held up to the beating sun and heat. It always amazed me how well they held up to everything if taken care of. One thing that I know, is that Mark is always proud of his final creations, but he also enjoys seeing them flown and the owners fly them.
I want to post just a few plane pics of some of the many planes that I have owned over the years that you built and to say "thank you" for all your time and efforts in all those planes. I also have enjoyed our many conversations about building and for you passing on to me some of your building hints and tips. I applied them to one of my own builds and the Monokote held up for 7 yrs perfectly before I finally sold the plane. Your tips works. When many have complained that Monokote changed and they could not get the covering applied to their liking, you just kept producing Toledo Show winners.
Again, you deserve all those Toledo Show wins.

P4071280 Miss Ohio Natalie Witwer FCI Toledo RC Show 2002.JPG
Me and Ziggy at Toledo.jpg
Xtreme Extra at Toledo Show.jpg
IMG_0025.JPG

Mark B

New to GSN!
I actually have a 118" Carden 260 that Mark built which went from Dennis, to Brad Petty, and now it's in our Hanger. It's in the Oracle scheme and still looks mint condition. I will (very carefully) fly it in a contest or two this year. Glad to see Mark actually posted in this thread as well. Good for him to know about all of us that really admire his work. I always wondered about how difficult this Oracle scheme was to create. And, I wondered if the picture at the beginning of the thread is our plane. Looks identical but maybe he built more than one in that scheme.

Yes,I have done (4) of the red & white "Oracle" theme schemes,(3) were 118" 40% Carden Extra's, & (1) was a 35% Carden Extra.I have also done a few variations on the scheme in different colors on 40% Carden Extra's.
The one you own now was my Toledo show entry for 2011,& won 1st. Place Covering that year (& is the one pictured at the beginning of this thread ).Dennis was the first owner & picked it up at the show.

Mark B

New to GSN!
Congrats to you Mark. You deserve the recognition for your work.
You put a lot of time and loving patience into all of your builds. I have had the pleasure of owning many of Mark's builds over the years, and all have been a joy to own and I was always proud to say that he had built and covered them. They always showed well, flew well and held up to the beating sun and heat. It always amazed me how well they held up to everything if taken care of. One thing that I know, is that Mark is always proud of his final creations, but he also enjoys seeing them flown and the owners fly them.
I want to post just a few plane pics of some of the many planes that I have owned over the years that you built and to say "thank you" for all your time and efforts in all those planes. I also have enjoyed our many conversations about building and for you passing on to me some of your building hints and tips. I applied them to one of my own builds and the Monokote held up for 7 yrs perfectly before I finally sold the plane. Your tips works. When many have complained that Monokote changed and they could not get the covering applied to their liking, you just kept producing Toledo Show winners.
Again, you deserve all those Toledo Show wins.

Thanks Joe,the learning was mutual & many of the tips you gave me have been incorporated into my builds.Your experience with building & flying directly influenced many of the modifications that have improved the airframes.
I appreciate all the effort you put into the installations ,& testing out new ideas,that is the key to your success as you continue to help countless modelers .

Mark, thanks very much for offering the information on the plane. Both Dennis and Brad took great care of her and we are as well. She is beautiful. Not that it was under-powered at all on the 150 but as we speak she is getting a brand new DA170.