• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Alky6

150cc
Some more progress. Other side of fuse doubler glued on. Started working on getting the fuse spine support pieces positioned.

IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG

Alky6

150cc
Question for any of you that have built this... @kwj48 , @Balsa dust , @caf2461 , or others, on the horizontal stab - did you sheet both sides or just one side? The instructions imply both sides but the cutout in the fuse looks to only be wide enough to accept sheeting (1/16") on one side. What did you guys do?
Thanks!

BalsaDust

I have never built the 65 but I would suggest sheeting both sides and opening the fuse up a little more. It adds a tremendous amount of strength. I had My mojo40 get serious flutter when doing a cash drop one day of the entire stab not just the elevator. Before I could slow down the entire right side elevator and stab flew off never to be seen again. It wasn't sheeted on either side. Kept flying the plane that day but when I got home I cut the old stuff out and built a new one and sheeted both sides of the stab. I still cash drop the hell out of it and have not seen any flutter since

BalsaDust

This kit still available? Thought they were discontinued?

He has had this kit for a while. Plans are available for it for those that want to scratch build it. The guy that used to cut the kits has talked about do kit runs of the swanny kits every so often though.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I have never built the 65 but I would suggest sheeting both sides and opening the fuse up a little more. It adds a tremendous amount of strength. I had My mojo40 get serious flutter when doing a cash drop one day of the entire stab not just the elevator. Before I could slow down the entire right side elevator and stab flew off never to be seen again. It wasn't sheeted on either side. Kept flying the plane that day but when I got home I cut the old stuff out and built a new one and sheeted both sides of the stab. I still cash drop the hell out of it and have not seen any flutter since

I had the same issue with my mojo 40. Added lift struts on the lower section of the horizontal. Never thought of sheeting the stabs to cure that. But the struts solved the twist I was getting during a roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk