• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motrolfly 4315/480 question

I just did my first run-ups of my new 4315/480 installation in my new 60" EF Edge. Swinging a Xoar 15x8 on 6s, I was seeing a peak of 1545 watts @ 66.7 amps.

I see this is just a smudge over the ratings for the motor will this be OK? These were static numbers, so the in flight should be a little closer to or below the max.

Matt

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just did my first run-ups of my new 4315/480 installation in my new 60" EF Edge. Swinging a Xoar 15x8 on 6s, I was seeing a peak of 1545 watts @ 66.7 amps.

I see this is just a smudge over the ratings for the motor will this be OK? These were static numbers, so the in flight should be a little closer to or below the max.

Matt

Matt, I'm not Ken, but I'm very familiar with these motors. You should be just fine with those numbers.
Just make sure to use good throttle management, and not flying it at max all day.
I made cooling baffles for the one I had on my EF Edge to direct the air from the opening towards the motor.

Manta

70cc twin V2
You be fine. Just watch your motor temps. Rock on. Ive ran em at that watts and amps with no problems.

wedoitall

You be fine. Just watch your motor temps. Rock on. Ive ran em at that watts and amps with no problems.

ken said the same thing to me about the temps.... i was asking about the 2815-950 running a 14x7 and over the specs of the motor over 500 watts. he said to use a IR temp gun and make sure to measure the insides of the motor and not the outside bell or mount. try not to get it over 150 degrees or so.

joshgluck

100cc
ken said the same thing to me about the temps.... i was asking about the 2815-950 running a 14x7 and over the specs of the motor over 500 watts. he said to use a IR temp gun and make sure to measure the insides of the motor and not the outside bell or mount. try not to get it over 150 degrees or so.

Anyone running telemetry on this motor? Can you share your setup with pics please?thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone running telemetry on this motor? Can you share your setup with pics please?thanks

I have telemetry on mine, but don't have the time to pull the cowling off. Just place the thermocouple around the metal mount where it attaches to the x mount, and throw some medium CA on there.

Good to go.

wedoitall

with a IR temp gun with a laser , which i just got in the mail today, i wont have to take the cowl off and i can get the temp exactly where i want it. only reason i bought the temp gun, got a really good deal on a fluke. if i remember right Ken said to take a reading of the coils from the front.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Coils on front and also the very back behind the bell is important to monitor. Close to the bearing tube as possible.
Gyro Ive ran them umm yea i cant say :)