Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motrolfly DM4315=500Kv vs Extreme Flight Torque 4016T-500Kv

Discussion in 'Electric Motors, ESC's, Batteries, and Chargers' started by Bushwacker, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Bushwacker

Bushwacker 3DRCF Moderator

Hey Fella's,

Looking for someone who can give me there opinion on performance between these two motors.
    They would both be running on a 6S setup with a 15x8 prop. Looking for best performance of course.

Thanks much

Bush

2. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    I realize this is an old thread but it's a good place to post this. I purchased a Extreme Flight 4016T-500kv for my Extra 300EXP, for that I bought a ZTW Gecko 85A ESC... what I didn't realize is that for the motorfly and torque motors this ESC has a timing issue that cannot be programed out unless you buy the programing interface to update a firmware by ZTW online for the gecko that apparently is hit or miss. What happens is when blimping the throttle it will go "blurp blurp blurp blurp ect" kindof a loud grunting ha ha. I tried all the timing adjustments possible. So I'll keep you posted what happens. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you want to try these ESC's out. Hard to pass up $55 from Motion RC, but Thinking I should have spend $120ish for a reliable ESC + $30 for a BEC for my high voltage thirst instead. we live and we learn I guess!