• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Greetings to all. I'm new to this site, but have been keeping up with this post. I finished my Cub last year and put in three or four flights. I used MAAP gas for the gear and interior frame work. The high silver content rod I used had white flux covering it which was purchased at a welding supply. It was quite expensive. Keep up the nice work.

Glad to have a new member here. And a Cub builder! Welcome. :mario-banana:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Another photo.

20190120_194817.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks for the welcome. First Cub was a Goldberg and still have... then a 1/4 BUSA. A 60 size Great Planes I still fly. The Nelitz was quite a project that sat through other builds until last year. I still have some details to finish now that the first flights are in.

Photos please. There are so few available for me to review . Thanks

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Finally back to building. Dang work and family keep getting in the way. Did another test on brazing, was thinking a butt joint would be interesting and it was. I might need more heat as I could not get even flow but finally got it connected. Yes, it's a beveled joint. I took it to the grinder to take a closer look. No doubt it's solid but took too long. I may try silver solder before I go to my shop and get the big torch.

20190127_181147.jpg
20190127_181152.jpg