• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Away from this build for too long, back to scratching my head on the numerous root ribs inaccuracies. I don't think the kit cutter understood the bulk of my questions on the issues so I'm going to cut my own ribs. To be continued.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The worst problem in solving the root rib problems is the kit cutter/ seller has stated many times that he had sold many many of Cub kits. Based upon that and insistence that the ribs were cut correctly I kept losing months of build time while staring at the ribs scratching my head.

I have decided the outer root rib has no upper slots for cross support, is much shorter than the inner root rib and should not be cut for sheeting and leading edge spar. Therefore I will just cut my own.

16203500842231063690932.jpg

1620350156600655695252.jpg

16203502047001247195392.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Maybe he sent you some Champ ribs? They just about the same length and have an undercamber, he offers a Champ kit as well. Just power forward!