• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
Never used Kevlar, how does it wet out? Think my next build might be a fiberglass fuselage layup and was considering Kevlar fabric.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Don't know. I've had this Kevlar thread for years, don't remember why I bought it. I smeared the JB Weld on the wood and brass tube, wrapped the thread into the JB Weld then rubbed the JB Weld around the threads. Rock solid.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Transition complete. Pin could be shorter but no rush.

20220807_203634.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Never used Kevlar, how does it wet out? Think my next build might be a fiberglass fuselage layup and was considering Kevlar fabric.

It's just very difficult to trim post layup and as far as the wetting it's not as spongy as glass... Would be neat to laminate it in between glass layers for strategic support in areas prone to abrasion, flexing, or impact. Composite gliders use thin kevlar weave strips for the hinge material molded into the wings and tails.