• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
I would cover the wings, it will break up the monotony of doing the finish tapes. I find I get better tapes if I blot the excess off the top of the tape rather than wipe it. What are you planning for the stitches?

000_0628.JPG

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Engine update. The Mecoa rep wouldn't let me get a single word in. Engine is still sitting, 2 months(?). They lost their long time mechanic last December, I knew for years I should have sent the engine in for service........

Anyway, he said he warned me before I mailed it that they may not be able to get to it. Incorrect. I checked in in late January and he said maybe by the end of February. Well, middle of March and I offered to check back in mid April.

Maybe I install the OS 320 or buy a Roto 85fs................

TonyHallo

150cc
The Roto 85 is about 2 3/4 pounds heavier than the OS 320, if you had an idea how the balance will come out it may help you make an informed decision. The other point to consider is power, I'm swinging a 26x8 prop at 6000 at WOT, normal flight is in the 4600 to 4800 rpm range. The listed prop for the 320 is 18 x10 through 22 x8, that's quite a difference.
The Valach 85 is 3/4 pounds lighter and about the same price as the Roto however there's no stock at Vogelsang Aeroscale.

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thank you Tony, excellent advice. I think I will do some pre finish balance testing. I might have the Kavan sent back to me and open it up myself.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My worst fear, getting distracted, losing the urge to build. None of that here, just stuck waiting on the Kavan service. Finally Mecoa has gotten(?) to my engine and it is ready to ship. The original nylon gear replacement was mandatory, I want them to run the engine as well then it's ready to ship.

I can't wait.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Engine is shipping/ shipped from Mecoa so an end to the wait is in sight.

I found something to do this morning, I cleaned up my landing gear and blackened everything.

20230423_114206.jpg

20230423_114128.jpg

20230423_114638.jpg