• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New 30cc Airframe to beat

emtp275

100cc
I am looking for a new 30cc frame to bascly twist inside out, I have a 3DHS 72" Extra now but i have been doing learning new things and basicly treating it like a hooker to be nice lol, But any way I know there is an exp date on this airframe and im looking for some input on a replacment, I like the way the plane flys but i dont see me buying a new 3DHS for unmentioned reasions its a shame really.. Looking into Redwings RC they have amazing CS from buying servos and such in the past, I have a DLE 30 to move over other than that servos and every thing else exceed 50cc requirements so power to weight is the only concern.............. New Plane Go!!! haha

ryan_m

100cc
In the redwing lineup I liked the MXSR the best of the three I flew. I flew the Slick, Extra, and MXSR at an event this summer and liked the mxsr the best. To be fair though they were all other peoples planes, and not setup the way I would like for rates and particularly prop/motor choice. All were a bit underpowered with a dle-30 I felt. A 35 would have been better on them.

If you have a 35... the EF 76" MXS and recently released 74" Laser are also very nice. I have the MXS and love it.

There are good ones out there but 3DH Slick is hard to beat. I mention this but I saw there are reason why it won"t happen. Sorry.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I have been looking into the 30 cc size as well, so I'll definitely be following this. I've got the urge to pair one up with a VVRC 40 cc twin. I like the idea of a little bit smaller plane that flies like the big ones.

Alky6

150cc
I have been looking into the 30 cc size as well, so I'll definitely be following this. I've got the urge to pair one up with a VVRC 40 cc twin. I like the idea of a little bit smaller plane that flies like the big ones.
I have the VVRC 40 on an EF 78 Extra and love it. Just changed the geometry to focus more on IMAC. I can't provide any comparisons to other 30cc frames or larger as this is my first giant scale venture. I can say that this combination has been very forgiving and extremely robust.

emtp275

100cc
@Hoosier06 don't get me wrong I love my 72 and my 89 slick is great they have awsome planes..... Lets just say im looking at other options rite now its EF, redwings, maybe PAU who knows theres just not alot here on planes this small and any input is great, I really like haveing he 25% plane in the hanger great learning tool for sure!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Extreme Flight has a new MXS designed around the DA35. A VVRC 40 will also fit. Their MXS planes are notoriously capable of 3D tumbling maneuvers. If you want something that is a good blend of precision and 3D I would also consider their new Laser in this size. And lastly they have just redone their classic Extra in this size with larger control surfaces. Any of these 3D planes would be an excellent choice.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Just keep in mind most people have moved up to the larger engines than the DLE 30 in this size airframe. It's not that the engine can not fly the plane, because it can with plenty to spare.