• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

piro-flop

New to GSN!
Hi all
Im Simon from Oz. Ive been flying rc helis for about 9 years. Ive always been interested in planes but i solely wanted to focus on 3d heli skills intensely.
Ive finally started out on planes a few months ago. Ive found it is equally as challenging as helis and requires a total different mind set. Ive had a lot of heli guys say planes are easy compared to helis, but i disagree, for example a rolling harrier requires almost identical stick movements and timing to a piro-flip. The only thing with planes, is that the roll rate varies with airspeed, but this is not the case with helis. So its been a real eye opener and im hooked on the challenge and starting at the beginning of a steep learning curve.
I had a pilot edge 540 70 inch which i destroyed on the weekend, but hope to replace that with an aeroworks soon. Till then im having fun with the foamies.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Time for some welcomes! We have a few from the last couple weeks that I personally would like to say HEY WELCOME TO 3DRCFORUMS! I appreciate you joining our fun drama free group! Please tell us a little bit about yourselves like what you fly and where you fly! Also, a big nice job to piro-flop for taking the initiative early! Prio you will love the craftsmanship of any Aeroworks plane and sorry to hear about your edge!

Welcome: [MENTION=3982]3DRCCreations[/MENTION] [MENTION=3962]Aquaman[/MENTION] [MENTION=3969]aviatorpete1[/MENTION] [MENTION=3965]bc-slowflyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3968]canbus[/MENTION] [MENTION=3988]eyeball74[/MENTION] [MENTION=3956]fliers1[/MENTION] [MENTION=3961]fredmeyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3973]garyrwalker[/MENTION] [MENTION=3963]jacky.feng[/MENTION] [MENTION=3947]jdog1989lycro[/MENTION] [MENTION=3967]jones791[/MENTION] [MENTION=3970]Lemonsticks[/MENTION] [MENTION=3985]lfierro1[/MENTION] [MENTION=3981]mustang42[/MENTION] [MENTION=3979]mytgraphix[/MENTION] [MENTION=3984]N2Au[/MENTION] [MENTION=3976]Osusharp[/MENTION] [MENTION=3949]rags[/MENTION] [MENTION=3964]rc808[/MENTION] [MENTION=3986]redl123[/MENTION] [MENTION=3957]Ron Yanch[/MENTION] [MENTION=3950]sailr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3971]Skydog[/MENTION] [MENTION=3977]Smorehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=3975]Spinejockey[/MENTION] [MENTION=3972]syzyguy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3958]Tankernav[/MENTION] [MENTION=3987]ThrashFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=3974]Uncle Z[/MENTION] [MENTION=3966]Unclebrucer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3959]VTgoody[/MENTION] [MENTION=3978]wfahey415[/MENTION] [MENTION=3952]willian.souza[/MENTION] [MENTION=3960]wstewart[/MENTION]

3DRCCreations

New to GSN!
Thanks Mike!! I'm fairly new to the 3D RC world and have met a lot of new people at the Apollo 19 Field in Van Nuys Ca. I myself started with cars and have just recently moved into planes and enjoy it immensely. Just trying to balance that time with my career and the rest of life. I definitely would like to tie in to what everyone is doing in the 3D Print world for RC planes and even cars, boats, trains etc.

syzyguy

50cc
Thanks! Just got into flying last year and over the winter I fell in love with 3D flight. I have a few RCFactory foamies, a Blade 300cfx and some micro CP helis, and I am waiting for the stupid 40mph winds to die down in northern Arizona to try out the Aerobeez 55" Edge 540 EPP hybrid (my first balsa).

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks! Just got into flying last year and over the winter I fell in love with 3D flight. I have a few RCFactory foamies, a Blade 300cfx and some micro CP helis, and I am waiting for the stupid 40mph winds to die down in northern Arizona to try out the Aerobeez 55" Edge 540 EPP hybrid (my first balsa).

I was just at the embry riddle rc field about 3 weeks ago while on vacation. Where do you fly?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Mike!! I'm fairly new to the 3D RC world and have met a lot of new people at the Apollo 19 Field in Van Nuys Ca. I myself started with cars and have just recently moved into planes and enjoy it immensely. Just trying to balance that time with my career and the rest of life. I definitely would like to tie in to what everyone is doing in the 3D Print world for RC planes and even cars, boats, trains etc.

Awesome and welcome! Yep their will be lots of opportunities for the 3d printers in our hobby. I know one guy that's printing out baffles for guys planes that look really nice.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I am in Flagstaff ... a nice 10acre back yard to play in and we have a nice little club field here outside of town.

Awesome! Love Flagstaff! I grew up and lived most of my life in Phoenix from 1969 to 2007 and ski'ed a lot at snowbowl. Fun little town with a bunch of great people.