• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SnowDog

Guess its time to quit lurking. My name is Andy. I reside in central Arkansas. I'm fairly new to flying, really, but I'm starting to dabble in mild 3D. Just finished gluing the nose back on my plane after a mishap during a low harrier. It seems you don't have near the control with dual rates switched off. Anyway, I've learned a lot from lurking, but plan to get a little more active maybe.

Welcome to the fun my twistaholic friend! ;)

cyclenut

30cc
Posted this over in the 1yr giveaway thread, and realized I hadn't posted here yet:

have been lurking here for almost a year. Joined right about the time I joined a club and started flying there. My only focus at the time was helis, but I had bought a parkzone t-28 and was looking to expand into winged flight. Since then, I have acquired 5 additional foamies from umx sbach through a radian pro. I have really enjoyed flying planes and most trips to the field I fly about 70% planes, 30% helis. I have taken the plunge in the last month to go bigger and go balsa with a 3dhs 65" vyper that I cannot wait to get in the air.. last part I need is the motor, and will finally have the funds to order next week- it is all built and ready to go otherwise. I have enjoyed the site and especially the 3d pedia. that resource alone combined with phoenix to practice ... and the umx sbach to crash and glue back together again and again.... and again are really helping my progression.
Thanks again Gary for putting this site together.

PS: also enjoying the podcasts.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
65 vyper could easily be a fire breathing dragon! Have fun, that will be a great, fun airframe. One of my all time favorite airframes (vyper).

Last edited by a moderator:

cyclenut

30cc
Tks, I really liked its dual nature.... Theory is it will let me gently move into 3d but have lots of room to grow. Of course anything designed to do 2 things well might very well do neither, but most of what I I have read has been positive.

click the pirate

New to GSN!
Hi all I'm Norm, I love to scratch build profiles. I am a proud pro bro since 2004. I have a feeling this is a similar type of site. Looking forward to meeting you are a fly in soon. Some of you have met my plane the Reaper. 31 Mar 105.jpg

Thanks to the photog in Knoxville that took my avatar pic!:thumbup: I appreciate it!:banana:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi all I'm Norm, I love to scratch build profiles. I am a proud pro bro since 2004. I have a feeling this is a similar type of site. Looking forward to meeting you are a fly in soon. Some of you have met my plane the Reaper.View attachment 13816

Thanks to the photog in Knoxville that took my avatar pic!:thumbup: I appreciate it!:banana:

Welcome Norm! We've also got some video of the Reaper flying in KVille, should be posted soon.

0/ all

My name is Tim , I have been flying for about 2 1/2 years, mostly sport/scale stuff till early this year. Mostly electrics tho I bought my first gasser about 2 months ago. (an older Wild Hare 33% extra)
Picked up my first true 3d plane this week at the Knoxville FLI (3DHS 71" Slick) and am really excited to get it ready.

When at the flying field I probably spend as much time behind the camera as the transmitter and more than both of those shooting the bull.
Heard about these forums from my buddies this week so figured I would check them out. Like what I am seeing so far :)