• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi Mike! You are right about this being a great group of pilots. It is growing every day as people like yourself continue to discover it. The more the merrier! :D It sounds like you have an amazing start to your 3d hangar! There are a lot of very nice and capable airframes in that list. Since you mentioned "struggling with 3d" I'll take this opportunity to plug the 3dpedia pages found here: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?112-The-3DPedia. It is a good and growing resource among other good threads you may discover as you browse through the site. Also, aside from browsing threads, you might find the "new posts" button at the top of the page useful as it shows you what threads have the most recent activity on the site.

I hope you enjoy your stay and become a regular contributor. Any questions you ask will help build the knowledge of others as they get answered by more experienced pilots. Any questions of others you can answer will accomplish the same :D. I personally believe everyone has something they can contribute to our great hobby so long as they are respectful and keep it positive!

gyro

GSN Contributor
My name is Chris from Austin, TX; I am a member of the Austin Radio Control Association. Just celebrated my 16th birthday and will be driving soon; so look out! LOL:scaredchair:
I am thankful to have met and flown along side this sites owner "Gary"; I consider him a friend and partner. He truly cares about the hobby we all enjoy; and has reached out to many young pilots like me.
Also want to Thank Tim and Heather of "REDWING R/C" for including me as one of their Team Pilots.
I look forward to reading and posting on this site going forward.
Have fun everybody!

Chris

Hey Chris! Glad to finally have you here with us on 3DRCF. It was fun seeing you again at the Hucktoberfest, can't believe how tall you got in the last year! Feel free to jump right in and join us, there are plenty of fun discussions going on all over the site!
One of the most fun threads were everyone talks about everything is here: http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?7-The-3DRCForums-Discuss-Anything-Thread&goto=newpost

my name is mike. i live in lansing, michigan. i have been flying rc for two years and am really interested in 3D. i have loved aircraft since i was a kid. i have a 74 inch edge (which i have yet to maiden), a 65 in vyper(still in the box), a 51 inch slick, and a 48 inch edge (also in the box still) from 3dhs, a 60 inch extra 300 from extreme flight, a 51 inch extra from aeroworks, a 19 % yak 54 from pilot, a 50 inch edge from great planes, and a carbon z yak from e-flite. i have a spektrum dx8. i'm still struggling with 3d. i'm not sure how i found the 3drc forum, but i'm so glad i did. i've learned a lot already from this forum. i also appreciate that the posts i've read are helpful and respectful to noobs like myself. from reading your posts, it amazes me to see how much i still have to learn.
thank you in advance for your help,
mike aka hopper

Welcome Mike! I think Nate already gave you some really good advice on where to start here. We're happy to have you with us, and feel free to ask for anything you need help with!

-Gary

THunter

New to GSN!
Hello my name is Tim and I have a rc 3D addiction. I'm from Sinking Spring, PA. I'm the club treasurer at Berks County Barnstormers located in Robesonia. I've been at the hobby 4 years. My favorite planes are from 3DHS.

SnowDog

Hello Tim, glad to have you aboard! you are in good company with many other 3D addicts ;)

My wife's sister and her family live in Wernersville, PA!

Which planes do you own?

giul_3d

New to GSN!
Hi everyone! I'm Giulio Vedovello from Italy, i fly 3d since 2 years and i fly from 3 years ago and i am modeller from 3 generation, i do more or less oll the show in italy.
Now I'm flyng with a katana120 from sebart for 2m of wingspan with an electric power because i've sold my yak 55 with a DA 50 because of my new EXTRA 330SC 120cc from goldwing (thread very soon) :D

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi everyone! I'm Giulio Vedovello from Italy, i fly 3d since 2 years and i fly from 3 years ago and i am modeller from 3 generation, i do more or less oll the show in italy.
Now I'm flyng with a katana120 from sebart for 2m of wingspan with an electric power because i've sold my yak 55 with a DA 50 because of my new EXTRA 330SC 120cc from goldwing (thread very soon) :D

Salve Giuilio!

Enjoy the forum.

Corkscrew

New to GSN!
Hi! I'm Juancho Moreno from the Philippines. I inherited this hobby from my Dad who taught me how to build free flight models 37 years ago. In 1997, I got into radio control. I started out with planes but shifted to 3D helis for about 7 years. Recently, I decided to get back into fixed wing 3D.

njswede

150cc
Welcome to the site Juancho! Great to have you here. I hope you and your loved ones are OK after that terrible typhoon. The devastation is almost unbelievable. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in your country!

flypig

30cc
Hi, I'm Shawn Green, it's good to be here guys.
From Canada, about an hour and a half north-east of Toronto.
Always been a fiddler, to keep the hands, and mind busy. Pushed the r/c trucks too hard so that I'd have something to mess with ( so the wife told me). The awesome thing with 3D is, there is so much to learn, much of it done with some serious thrashing, that I no longer want to fix things, just overcome the next hurdle. Yep, things still auger in all the time.
Flying 10 years, 3D started in earnest 5 years ago.
Going to fly, enjoy your Saturday.