• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Mightythor

New to GSN!
Hello Everyone
New to this website forum, my name is Karl and I fly planes, helis, and operate multiple surface vehicles. Been around the hobby for a few years and really like building planes and helis, my pilot skills are just average at this point but I plan to get more stick time this summer. My hangar includes a 30cc pilot YAK, PA Katana MX, a new Eflite Beast (under construction). I have an Outrage 550, Logo 600, and a Mini Titan. This looks like a great forum with lots of info to view, btw I belong to the NCC fliers of Orting Washington (NOClubClub), soon to be member of an official club and am an AMA card holder.
Karl

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome [MENTION=3123]Mightythor[/MENTION]. Make sure and drop by the 3dpedia for lots of info to help improve skills!

Hi my name is Mark Ferreira. I have been flying for 16 years now. I like to fly 3D, jets and pilon racers. Here is a pic of my redwing 25% MXSR. Powered by a Neu motor and 10s dinogy lipos.
Plenty of power on this one.:flyer:

Mark

View attachment 23108

Nice! Do you use it more for 3D or racing? because it is capable of both. If you're interested, we're having a sale on the 50cc MXSR for the next 6 days, $359, the same price as the 30cc! When you get a chance, check it out: http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?...oducts_id=77&zenid=i618l5s6ub6b1i21gi7mrj04u6
RG
Team RedWing RC

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We've more new members to say hello and welcome to! Guys (and gals) we super excited to have you here. If you need anything, have any questions please feel free to ask. We are a fun group and love to answer ANY questions you may have. So on to the welcome!

Welcome @Larryu @volflyer @nimiche @Snoozedude @Ejdrake @mfran496 @Zamfir @uragano47812 @westwindpilot @MXS-C @DarkKnight [MENTION=3166]mx_ata2d[/MENTION] @Obamjur @jhilgart @Desertlakesflying @Mustang1994 @rcarv @kelwinf @abi @xcaptkirk [MENTION=3176]Wingin' Wayne[/MENTION] @loubial !

Guys we would love to hear a little bit about yourself like where and what you fly! Show us pics of your planes for extra points! LOL

Thanks guys for the wellcome!!
Well I'm from Italy, i have some electric profile planes like Mojo MoAss 60 and Fusion 90 X3D with which i have a lot of fun!!
I have less experience with gasser i had a Godwing MX2 50cc v2 but i never liked it because it was a "faulty" airframe and in few words after many flights of tests it never flew well.

So now i'm in the market for a new 50cc where i can use my DLE-55 and i find this forum with lots of information. So if you can help me on the choice... ;)

I was oriented to EF Edge 88" but it is quite difficult to find it in stock in Europe.

Anyway thanks
Adriano

Obamjur

New to GSN!
Thank you for welcoming greeting !
I'm a complete newbie in 3d flights and my experience with rc flight is RealFlight 6.5. But I already chose my first rc airplane: 3DHS 42" AJ Slick.
As out of stock item online, my second choice is EF 48" Edge 540 EXP. I have no intention to compete with Daniel P. Holman; I wanna just have fun and enjoy the flight. My personal dream shopping: PA Katana MX!
For now, just electric flight !
And this site rocks !

Greetings!

Last edited by a moderator:
For a beginner I would pick the 48 EF edge over the slick. It is bigger, same basic cost, and much more stable. The slick is a tumbling machine. If you like the slick in the sim, than get the 51 instead.

Wingin' Wayne

New to GSN!
My name is Wayne. Been flying 11 years, started late at 50. I fly 3D electric only. Used to live in the cotton fields outside of Phoenix. I'd walk to the end of the driveway and use the street for a runway. Totally self taught until I got onto 3D. Now I am LUCKY to get my lessons from 2 3DHS Team Pilots at the local field. One is the club President and doing his best to make the club more 3D friendly! I fly with warbird guys who have NOT learned anything new in 20 years. 3D makes you learn every time you put a plane up! I'll be flying 3D until my hands are too old and then I'll get a gyro.