• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Obamjur

New to GSN!
For a beginner I would pick the 48 EF edge over the slick. It is bigger, same basic cost, and much more stable. The slick is a tumbling machine. If you like the slick in the sim, than get the 51 instead.

Hi mate,
In fact, the choice was by Slick's size (and color scheme too). First plane, a lighter set-up, very careful in the sticks, flying like a Cessna, learning to land without falling down. This is the step 1 ! I agree: greater wingspan, increased stability. This is step 2!

Thanks!

Zamfir

New to GSN!
Howdy!

New here so I am mostly just poking around. I mostly fly 3d electric profiles but I do have a 55cc DLE Profile. I live in Colorado. I have flown DLG, Slope, some Dynamic soaring but powered 3d is my favorite and that is what I have been doing for a while now. Kind of an addict I guess. Sure wish I did not have to work a normal job and sleep. Then I might have enough time to play!! Any Whoo..

Howdy!
Zam

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thank you for welcoming greeting !
I'm a complete newbie in 3d flights and my experience with rc flight is RealFlight 6.5. But I already chose my first rc airplane: 3DHS 42" AJ Slick.
As out of stock item online, my second choice is EF 48" Edge 540 EXP. I have no intention to compete with Daniel P. Holman; I wanna just have fun and enjoy the flight. My personal dream shopping: PA Katana MX!
For now, just electric flight !
And this site rocks !

Greetings!

For a beginner I would pick the 48 EF edge over the slick. It is bigger, same basic cost, and much more stable. The slick is a tumbling machine. If you like the slick in the sim, than get the 51 instead.

First welcome [MENTION=3168]Obamjur[/MENTION] (I tried to pronounce your location! Where are you?). In any event I'd have to go with [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] with the Edge airframe being among the "friendliest" of the 3D airframes. However, it will leave you plenty of room to grow into without becoming bored. Good luck and have fun. There are tutorials, videos, sim videos and podcasts here that will help you out also.

dth7

Howdy!

New here so I am mostly just poking around. I mostly fly 3d electric profiles but I do have a 55cc DLE Profile. I live in Colorado. I have flown DLG, Slope, some Dynamic soaring but powered 3d is my favorite and that is what I have been doing for a while now. Kind of an addict I guess. Sure wish I did not have to work a normal job and sleep. Then I might have enough time to play!! Any Whoo..

Howdy!
Zam

Welcome "Zam" [MENTION=3161]Zamfir[/MENTION] there is much to "poke around" and see here. Enjoy the search. If you have questions ask away. Glad you stopped by.

dth7

My name is Wayne. Been flying 11 years, started late at 50. I fly 3D electric only. Used to live in the cotton fields outside of Phoenix. I'd walk to the end of the driveway and use the street for a runway. Totally self taught until I got onto 3D. Now I am LUCKY to get my lessons from 2 3DHS Team Pilots at the local field. One is the club President and doing his best to make the club more 3D friendly! I fly with warbird guys who have NOT learned anything new in 20 years. 3D makes you learn every time you put a plane up! I'll be flying 3D until my hands are too old and then I'll get a gyro.

Welcome [MENTION=3176]Wingin' Wayne[/MENTION] congrats self teaching and getting into the 3D revolution. As you look around this site you'll see a few threads discussing bringing ALL disciplines together and trying to teach the "old dogs" all the new "tricks" and benefits 3D (slow flight and post stall flight) has to offer, even to a warbird flyer. Every "classic" flyer (my PC name for circle flyer) that I have seen get into a 3D or a properly setup high performance airframe has had a ball and benefited from it. Good luck to your club at the "integration". Where are you flying now? Planes? Pics?

dth7

We've more new members to say hello and welcome to! Guys (and gals) we super excited to have you here. If you need anything, have any questions please feel free to ask. We are a fun group and love to answer ANY questions you may have. So on to the welcome!

Welcome @Larryu @volflyer @nimiche @Snoozedude @Ejdrake @mfran496 @Zamfir @uragano47812 @westwindpilot @MXS-C @DarkKnight [MENTION=3166]mx_ata2d[/MENTION] @Obamjur @jhilgart @Desertlakesflying @Mustang1994 @rcarv @kelwinf @abi @xcaptkirk [MENTION=3176]Wingin' Wayne[/MENTION] @loubial !

Guys we would love to hear a little bit about yourself like where and what you fly! Show us pics of your planes for extra points! LOL

Hello all, I'd like to add my welcome too. Mike always beats me to it! Thanks Mike.
It's great to see folks from all over the globe joining 3DRCF. I think you'll find a community here that is eager to help out with any questions or problems. Be it technical or bringing different flying styles together. The podcasts are awesome for a drive or when you are in the shop. Great insights from some of the best pilots and manufacturers in the business. Tutorials of all kinds from sim to live flying offer help and 3DPedia has maneuver descriptions.
We'd love to see pics and hear about where you fly and what you fly. Enjoy and again, welcome.

Wingin' Wayne

New to GSN!
The old El Toro base where the Black Sheep Squadron was based is now a city park called the Great Park. Irvine to be exact. I have owned P/A and E/F planes, but I prefer 3DHS. Right now I'm flying a 57"SC, 65" Vyper, and 71" Slick. I have 2 foamies for warm up, a Flash from Twisted Hobbies and a 48" Extra from Aerobeez. I'm not a picture kind of guy so no pics.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The old El Toro base where the Black Sheep Squadron was based is now a city park called the Great Park. Irvine to be exact. I have owned P/A and E/F planes, but I prefer 3DHS. Right now I'm flying a 57"SC, 65" Vyper, and 71" Slick. I have 2 foamies for warm up, a Flash from Twisted Hobbies and a 48" Extra from Aerobeez. I'm not a picture kind of guy so no pics.

Give a shout out to Rob for me please. How is Kevin doing?

Those are some great picks from 3DHS. If you ever get a chance to fly a EF extra 70 EXP jump on it as it seems a lot like the Vyper with more 3D ability to me. DJ Moose gave me a change to fly his 65 Vyper and that is what it reminded me of.