• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Kevin_JaxFl

New to GSN!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been contemplating buying this model for weeks. During that time I have been through just about every forum I can find on this and other similar models. I was very careful to measure 3 and 4 times before glue ever came close to the model. I first assembled it dry, watched a video on assembly. Then checked, double checked and triple checked everything before gluing the joints. Drives me crazy for anything like this to not be as perfect as I can get it.. Looking forward to taking her to the local RC air field and get her in the air.
To get use to her I am setting up my radio for dual rates. One at about 35 to 40% throw and a high rate full 100%. I spend allot of time on the simulators getting use to all orientations. Though I know the Sim is no substitute for real life experience. I figure if I can throw a heli around a bit, air lanes should be a bit easier. (no offense intended to anyone) It does take skill to fly anything. If any of you are in the Jacksonville area, I will be flying at JaxRC Club. Very nice field with some great people there..

Kevin

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been contemplating buying this model for weeks. During that time I have been through just about every forum I can find on this and other similar models. I was very careful to measure 3 and 4 times before glue ever came close to the model. I first assembled it dry, watched a video on assembly. Then checked, double checked and triple checked everything before gluing the joints. Drives me crazy for anything like this to not be as perfect as I can get it.. Looking forward to taking her to the local RC air field and get her in the air.
To get use to her I am setting up my radio for dual rates. One at about 35 to 40% throw and a high rate full 100%. I spend allot of time on the simulators getting use to all orientations. Though I know the Sim is no substitute for real life experience. I figure if I can throw a heli around a bit, air lanes should be a bit easier. (no offense intended to anyone) It does take skill to fly anything. If any of you are in the Jacksonville area, I will be flying at JaxRC Club. Very nice field with some great people there..

Kevin
Welcome aboard Kevin! If you can do forward flight with a heli, flying a plane is nearly the same thing, especially since you've been practicing on the sim. Have fun and give us an update after taking her for a spin!

Kevin

I went from flying helis to airplanes and it's made all the difference for me. It's a completely different hobby, and I personally enjoy it more. I find my money goes a lot farther with fixed wing RC and it's a little more laid back and a lot less stressful.

When talking about rudder inputs while flying inverted, I always use the learning method used by heli guys, which is to use the rudder stick to push the part of the fuselage closest to you. Helis are good for learning orientation since they fly around in any orientation, and often there's no second chance if you give the wrong right stick input.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
When talking about rudder inputs while flying inverted, I always use the learning method used by heli guys, which is to use the rudder stick to push the part of the fuselage closest to you. Helis are good for learning orientation since they fly around in any orientation, and often there's no second chance if you give the wrong right stick input.

+1 I also came from a heli background before sticking with planks and it helped my flying allot.

Kevin_JaxFl

New to GSN!
I finally have a notice from USPS that the electronics are at least in my town. Should be delivered tomorrow for sure. Hope the wife does not have any plans for me tomorrow she will be sorely disappointed. Will be nice to get the air frame completely setup and trim out the control surfaces.. Look out airfield, Saturday will be her maiden flight. If weather holds up anyway... Til then I will be Jones'n to get out there...

cmflyboy

30cc
Hi to all! My name is Chris. (aka)" Cajun" Newbee here to this forum.
Originally from Houma Louisiana down in the heart of cajun country, 60 miles south of New Orleans (Nawlins) also home of the famous BD5 and Corky Fornouf, who flew in the James Bond movie Octopussy. Home of the old Navel blimp base that hangered big blimps that patrolled the Gulf of Mexico for enemy sub's and ships.
51 years young now but as a kid growing up 10 miles south from the Houma airbase(blimp base). Airshows every year and watching all type of aircraft flying, also visiting the old Wendel Williams air racing museum in Patterson Louisiana 50 miles west of Houma. The 1930's Red Lion and other racing replica's are still on display, influenced me to become involved in line control, RC then ultralight flying. My first Rc plane was a Sure flight foam Spitefire with a K&B .40 engine and a $100 JR 4ch radio system, way back in 1978..crashed and burned on the first flight. Not having no help I was determined to learn. All I can say is that it is 35 years later and I am still very addicted to the hobby that I will always enjoy. It relaxes me.
I plan on going to the 3D bash and enjoy myself and meet new pilots.
Thank you for an awesome forum to join.
P.s. Long story short! lol!

SnowDog

Chris, glad to meet you! Be sure to introduce yourself at the 3dbash so we can meet on person and I can put a face to a name!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome Chris. You be from way down south now ain't cha boy. I always loved watching Justin Wilson- "cookin Cajun" "ooooooh eee that's gooood, gonna add me a little red wiiine..." And always a couple "cajunks" of hot sauce.
I love my "Nawlins" layovers. Have a blast at the Bash and enjoy the Forum. We love to talk RC and help folks answer questions or point them in the right direction. Good luck and keep posting. Pics and videos always welcome.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's been awhile since I have had the time to welcome all the new members and so we have a few! I hope each and everyone of you feels welcome here to our fun community full of RC Addicts! If you have already introduced yourself I say AWESOME! If you haven't let us know where and what you like to fly! We love pics and again WELCOME we are glad you are here!

[MENTION=3423]alissongc2000[/MENTION] [MENTION=3400]Alixbj[/MENTION] [MENTION=3352]ANZAC[/MENTION] [MENTION=3359]bammer991[/MENTION] [MENTION=3385]belkington[/MENTION] [MENTION=3367]bigblueswope[/MENTION] [MENTION=3358]billb618[/MENTION] [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] [MENTION=3384]bonaa[/MENTION] [MENTION=3408]Borneoben[/MENTION] [MENTION=3354]cbphotography[/MENTION] [MENTION=3379]Chris S[/MENTION] [MENTION=3403]ChrisMH[/MENTION] [MENTION=3424]cmflyboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3357]csanguins[/MENTION] [MENTION=3355]D6784[/MENTION] [MENTION=3364]danhampson[/MENTION] [MENTION=3382]Dewalt1077[/MENTION] [MENTION=3406]dixies[/MENTION] [MENTION=3353]dn4132[/MENTION] [MENTION=3350]domerlee[/MENTION] [MENTION=3398]DRAGON2/3[/MENTION] [MENTION=3328]Extra_Slick[/MENTION] [MENTION=3366]fencelake[/MENTION] [MENTION=3418]fireynz[/MENTION] [MENTION=3411]Flyboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3374]Hiway[/MENTION] [MENTION=3372]iceman76[/MENTION] [MENTION=3409]iflyjr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3407]ike[/MENTION] [MENTION=3419]invertedone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3413]jcwold[/MENTION] [MENTION=3336]Jgibbons[/MENTION] [MENTION=3375]jrjr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3342]jschoen[/MENTION] [MENTION=3339]Kevin_JaxFl[/MENTION] [MENTION=3341]Kmans2smooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=3351]Kricke[/MENTION] [MENTION=3373]kurtm[/MENTION] [MENTION=3383]lazybfarm[/MENTION] [MENTION=3426]ljonesii[/MENTION] [MENTION=3387]Lojik[/MENTION] [MENTION=3401]Lost It[/MENTION] [MENTION=3363]Maineone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3334]midwestpilot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3414]Miketina[/MENTION] [MENTION=3347]Mmazz71[/MENTION] [MENTION=3344]MrDeeMan[/MENTION] [MENTION=3397]P51 Pilot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3417]pedro.ochoa.urrea[/MENTION] [MENTION=3427]Piper12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3412]Plane guru[/MENTION] [MENTION=3338]Profile Pilot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3380]PVS41960[/MENTION] [MENTION=3410]qspilotcmh[/MENTION] [MENTION=3329]Rab879[/MENTION] [MENTION=3377]raydar[/MENTION] [MENTION=3345]Rbb469[/MENTION] [MENTION=3404]rjlorimor[/MENTION] [MENTION=3391]Royster[/MENTION] [MENTION=3370]rwrcnut[/MENTION] [MENTION=3362]SENIORSPUD[/MENTION] [MENTION=3361]sharkyh2o[/MENTION] [MENTION=3420]simon.007[/MENTION] [MENTION=3365]Skywagn180[/MENTION] [MENTION=3333]specialj79[/MENTION] [MENTION=3388]sportster[/MENTION] [MENTION=3360]sspiker[/MENTION] [MENTION=3376]Stratobladder[/MENTION] [MENTION=3331]superjet110[/MENTION] [MENTION=3346]topgun130643[/MENTION] [MENTION=3389]Treetopflyer2[/MENTION] [MENTION=3369]trion42[/MENTION] [MENTION=3356]U1 racing[/MENTION] [MENTION=3343]willig10[/MENTION] [MENTION=3386]xlr8tion[/MENTION] [MENTION=3378]yfz450[/MENTION]