• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Hey! I fly a 3DHS 91" Yak 55 and an EF 48" Laser EXP out at the Mather RC club in beautiful and picturesque Sacramento CA! Flying for a couple years but just now starting to get competent at the 3D thing, and I'm fully addicted and I'm just sitting here waiting on some batteries to charge!

I guess we both like the weird planes, then! I don't need any more enabling, since I'm pretty sure my wife will kill me one of these days...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I guess we both like the weird planes, then! I don't need any more enabling, since I'm pretty sure my wife will kill me one of these days...

You're on the wrong site then :)

Everyone here only knows how to encourage and enable....

So, what are you going to get next? :p

Well, I'm kind of torn between an EF 60" Yak 54 vs the 3DHS 60" Yak 55. The way things are going for me these days, though, I had better save some cash to replace my 60cc Yak when I inevitably kill it!

drew1967

New to GSN!
Hey everyone, my name is Drew and I fly in and around the Alvin area of Texas (southeast of Houston). I've been flying for the last three years, mostly 3D but I also enjoy traditional aerobatics.

I have a few full fuse foam trainer/sport planes I started with because I was afraid of balsa at first, but after I got over that fear they rarely see any flight time. Now I fly a 3DHS 41" Edge and 51" Slick almost exclusively. I hope to expand my hangar with more 3D and aerobatic airframes sooner than later.

SnowDog

Welcome Drew, glad to have you here! The 51 Slick was my first favorite 3D plane...I gained so much confidence with that plane - it is an amazing airframe! I moved up to a 71" Slick then an 89" Slick but the airframe is still one of my favorite flying airplanes!

Be sure to post pics and videos of your flying so people like me living in the north can still enjoy flying by watching others!