• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you for the mention. Rather new to real RC. Had a 250 size heli for two years that was consant repair and not enough learning. Now I fly a Bixler (3dr kit with APM, fpv and GPS ) and Bixler2, a couple FT foamies, a flame wheel build and a DJI Phantom 2 vision +.

Awesome and glad to have you here! We have a rather weak multirotor section that you maybe able to help beef up a bit with your experience! :) What do you think of the new DJI inspire 1? Pretty cool!

Alexcreation

New to GSN!
Hi guys,

I'm a french Canadian 3d pilot it's been 10 years that I'm in the hobby. I'm 24 years old so I've started at 14 years old with my father.

I started with a Durafly trainer and after a lot of small nitro 3d airplanes. I now own a Aeroworks edge 540 50cc with a da50r for the summer and for the winter some Rcfactory airplanes !!

Thanks guys and happy to further exchange with you

Last edited by a moderator:

Zedog427

New to GSN!
Hi Mike,
I'm from Worcester, MA and have been flying about 5 years. I'm self taught an learned the hard way with a lot of crashes in a private field. I was drawn to aerobatics and owned many Extra 300 foamys. Last year built out a 60" SuperCraft Cap 232 with 6S Rim Fire .80, it flys really nice and is a great sport plane. In the last year I have become interested in 3D and have been spending time on the simulator and doing what I can with my existing planes. Last week I bought my first gas plane a AW .60/.90 Extra 300. I plan to install a DLE 20. Do you have a recommendation for a decent EPP foamy to practice 3D? Thanks Mike IMG_0152.JPGIMG_0331.JPG

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The twisted hobbies foamie are excellent! I have the 39" crack yak and just love it! Epp is wonderful to help build skill and confidence! There are some other decent options like westmichiganparkflyers.com and griffwerks. I like the twisted planes the best but they are on the expensive side... if you don't have a big budget constraint get a twisted hobbies plane. You won't regret it!

flyNpony

New to GSN!
I started in a cow field back in the 90s with a cox 10 or something. Had every thing right but the ailerons.
Somehow I kept it in the air for awhile and have been hooked long term.
All the way up to 3 88" planes EF and 3dhs.
I guess doing loops for 10min with a cox in a cow field did a number on me. Haha
Dabble in soaring , Love electrics to. Put up with glow for years til I went to joe nall the first time.
Had a 88" gas in my hands within a few weeks of that.
Fly with Dixie aeromasters in gray , ga

shocktrooper

New to GSN!
TALLY HO!…everyone! shocktrooper here…firstly out the gate; I'm sending max kudos and respects to my fellow warrior from the "Mean Green Machine"…you know who you are buddy! Thanx for chatting with me the other night! Always a pleasure and a rush to meet/comm with a fellow vet!
I am a retired A&P Mechanic/RII Inspector…about 25 years worth. I have turned many-ah-bolt & flew many-ah-mile in those "Damn Infernal Flying Machines"! Started building static plastic models about age 6; an F86 Sabre was my very first kit. My dear mom saved it, and it now hangs proudly in my Barn/shop…in all it's ugly glory! LOL! Built a static/plastic 1/48 Hellcat and Zero combo about a month ago…first kits since around 1989! Just got my 1st RC plane in a RTF kit; F4U Corsair S trainer, got a Flyzone Focke Wulf w/ retracts & flaps still in the box. Not confident to fly her just yet. I would hate to ball-up such a nice looking bird on the first flight! Got 2 E Flight BNF P51 Mustang Basic(s) coming for me & my adult son. Got them on sale and it won't kill-me if I crack it up some. Gotta get up to speed on the fast birds, before I maiden my FW! There is so much info here it boggles my mind! I have been E bay-ing and shopping on the internet like crazy lately….just a slobbering RC FNG! LOL! I LOVE scale and warbirds the most but the new style aerobatic birds look awesome too! I have much to learn! "CHEERIO"!;)

shocktrooper

New to GSN!
OH yeah…I almost forgot…am currently a WWII, 52 kill (virtual) Hellcat ace and squadron leader, USN Commander on the old Microsoft Combat Sim/ Pacific Theater! Now if I can just learn to translate all that know how to the hand held 'Radio'!
I know that this is NOT the classifieds, but I have acquired quite an Estate stash of unbuilt kits in the box, assembled planes, and lots of misc. hardware still in the OEM packages. This fellow (RIP) was a 90s era RC pilot and builder, everything is 72 MHz and from what I've seen listed on e bay, some of this stuff is vintage and valuable. Ya'll PM me if you want to browse a summary list.
Thanks…plz. don't flame me Mr. Moderator….:rolleyes:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
OH yeah…I almost forgot…am currently a WWII, 52 kill (virtual) Hellcat ace and squadron leader, USN Commander on the old Microsoft Combat Sim/ Pacific Theater! Now if I can just learn to translate all that know how to the hand held 'Radio'!
I know that this is NOT the classifieds, but I have acquired quite an Estate stash of unbuilt kits in the box, assembled planes, and lots of misc. hardware still in the OEM packages. This fellow (RIP) was a 90s era RC pilot and builder, everything is 72 MHz and from what I've seen listed on e bay, some of this stuff is vintage and valuable. Ya'll PM me if you want to browse a summary list.
Thanks…plz. don't flame me Mr. Moderator….:rolleyes:

LOL You're all good my friend! Wooooosha and welcome! Need anything these guys can help or just reach out to me. Later!

Wheats

New to GSN!
Hi Mike,
I am from Albuquerque, NM and after a 25 year absence from the hobby, I started flying again last year and although I am not a competent 3d pilot, I am learning...Love my Multiplex stuntmaster for trying out new maneuvers. The tutorials on the site have been extremely helpful and thanks to all that contribute to that forum. I have the Aeroworks 52" freestyle 260, Extra 260 EP-3D, and Stingray. Also I am building a PA Bandit after my first one crashed on it's maiden due to a ESC failure. I'm also looking to branch out to DLG's at some point.

rgreene

New to GSN!
Sweet! Nice additions to your fleet! Glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy the new style of flying!

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it more than the plane. I'm rough on them, but improving. This one will sit on a shelf until I've practiced a bit more.