• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Hey!! Yes I was lol. I remember talking to you. We def need to fly one of these days. Never found a buyer for slick some is getting upgraded. Replacing the elevator hinges cause they were getting sloppy. Then changing him to 10s. Gonna have about 18 pounds of thrust on a 11 plane lol. Gonna be a beast.

We should try and fly sometime though,would be great. :)

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Hello i live in Rapid City S. Dak, Fly a variety of planes from 40 size glow all the way to 85cc Yak. Fly for fun and not any specific style.

Microairman !Hey im 19. Thats sounds alot like me. Im working on full scale rotorcraft private. Do you want to eventually go full scale?

Last edited by a moderator:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Yakman54 and I (flycanic) are both from Rapid City SD. We have been flying together on and off for 20 some years. You name it I fly it from helis to electrics, glow to gas big and small I fly them all. Slow to Fast ( quicky 500's, quarter 40 racers to large twins that drop huge radio controlled Skydivers. I have also had the opportunity to fly a few turbine powered Jet's also, to towing gliders. I have been an AMA IP Instructor since they started the program and a club Instructor, test Pilot before that. I have been flying and building RC since 1970, and U control before that. I will be celebrating the 37th anniversary of my 25th birthday LOL!! Great site 3DMike we plan on being here and meeting more great people Later and Hello to all :flyer: :thumbup:
P.S. I forgot to add Decal Dennis told Yakman and I about this site. Thank You Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=3761]JR Ebron[/MENTION] sweet! I would like to get my glider and private license but I can't afford all that really. Have done some ground school and a few flights tho.

I am working on my Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certificate. Hopefully the money i make as an A and P will allow me to get to my CFI. Do you practise rc on a sim? I have phoenix 7.

6172crew

50cc
I got my pilots lisence while I was in the military, I had tail wheel, turbine, aerobatics and a bunch of other wacky stuff, I would hire an instructor when I had the money and flew with buddies when I could get some stick time. I even traveled around in the airshow biz for a summer. If I had to give someone advise or do it again I would have saved my money and waited until I could fly with an instructor at least 4 times a week. It's a perishable skill at first and I ended up stoping and starting which cost a lot more. I don't use the ticket any more, I enjoy RC more than flying myself, the government ruined general aviation imo. A family member of mine owns a FBO, used to import all the Yaks, 50,55,52,and the 9. The airports used to be filled with planes and people but it isn't that way anymore. It's a rich mans game and most of them are not very nice. The airport is very close to stead and the race planes and spectators come in during the races and some of those guys act like babies. The FAA seemed to be the issue with most of them. Anyhow; hope you guys working towards the IA or other certs all the luck!

Thats awesome. My eventual goal is to fly aerobatics. (Check out the Red Bull Air races if you havent already). Short-coupled vs long-coupled. What are the advantages to each and which aircraft are set up that way(MXS, Sbach, Yak, Extra, ect)? Thank you very much for any help and advise!