• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Bipenut53

150cc
Hello 3DMike, Well kinda new here, I joined in August of 2014 and have been just "lurking" and soaking up the good info here. I have been flying RC for about 30 years now, I have spent most of my time with sport planes and heli's and having a great time, got into 3D about 3 years ago although I dont do it well but I do have fun!! I have wayyyyy too many airplanes and just keep getting more. Selling some of them at times. I live here in Grand Coulee Wa. and we own an RV Park here so I do get a chance to fly in the mornings weather permitting. I have a couple of gassers and figured I better get some practice on the foamies before I stuff one of my babys lol. In gassers I have a 50cc Great Planes Reactor, amazing airplane!! I also have a 35% Carden Cap 232 done in the Matt Chapman Aeroshell turquoise and blue. 100cc 3W engine with smoke. And a ton of kit built and scratch built airplanes I have done and are just collecting dust now lol. By the way the foamies I bought are the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, 32" TH Crack Yak, and just ordered the 39" Crack Yak.
Thanks for the welcome!
Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello 3DMike, Well kinda new here, I joined in August of 2014 and have been just "lurking" and soaking up the good info here. I have been flying RC for about 30 years now, I have spent most of my time with sport planes and heli's and having a great time, got into 3D about 3 years ago although I dont do it well but I do have fun!! I have wayyyyy too many airplanes and just keep getting more. Selling some of them at times. I live here in Grand Coulee Wa. and we own an RV Park here so I do get a chance to fly in the mornings weather permitting. I have a couple of gassers and figured I better get some practice on the foamies before I stuff one of my babys lol. In gassers I have a 50cc Great Planes Reactor, amazing airplane!! I also have a 35% Carden Cap 232 done in the Matt Chapman Aeroshell turquoise and blue. 100cc 3W engine with smoke. And a ton of kit built and scratch built airplanes I have done and are just collecting dust now lol. By the way the foamies I bought are the TH Crack Turbo Beaver, 32" TH Crack Yak, and just ordered the 39" Crack Yak.
Thanks for the welcome!
Dennis

You're welcome Dennis! I'm not too far from ya so you need to make it down here for Monster Fest in August!

Bipenut53

150cc
There is nothing more I would like to do but that is my busy season here and as owner/operator and only employee I have to stick fairly close although I have been known to take off, last year I spent 2 days in Wenatchee at the huckfest. I have gone every year they had it, but sadly all good things come to an end, Tri-Cities should be a good one as well but that may be a bit far for me to go, but who knows. I may show my ugly face there as well if the timing is right and the customers fall in line.... we will see.
Thanks
Dennis

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Man I love introductions and we have a few more to do today! Welcome to the new members and thanks for joining our fun corner of the world! If you have any questions please post it in a thread as we have tons of really great pilots and builders here along with some amazing experts in their fields! Also, let us know where and what you fly! Extra kudos for pictures and videos!!! :)
@Big O @djjr @durgaprasadzone @FireDawg @flight @Gg3d @Jakeg1999 @jorg.schulz.33 @lazerfan1 @MaydayJoey @Monstermanhb @nickjb4 @panos4d @steven lee @terryk6lob @upsmandan @Vitter

upsmandan

New to GSN!
Thanks all for the welcome. I am kind of a new at flying, this will be my forth year at it. I attempt to fly 3D. I have a 50cc sbach, 30cc edge 540, and a 20cc profile yak 54.
But then I also like flying just about any thing else too. I have been a RCgroups member for three years and recently joined Flyingiants and now 3drcforums. looking forward to soaking up some of the 3d info. Thanks all
Dan

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ha ha enthusiastically! You're funny Nate! Btw I loved that video of your first flight with the Big Twisted Hobbies Foamie! Nice job! Looked like ya really enjoyed it. Did you ever figure out the knife edge coupling?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks all for the welcome. I am kind of a new at flying, this will be my forth year at it. I attempt to fly 3D. I have a 50cc sbach, 30cc edge 540, and a 20cc profile yak 54.
But then I also like flying just about any thing else too. I have been a RCgroups member for three years and recently joined Flyingiants and now 3drcforums. looking forward to soaking up some of the 3d info. Thanks all
Dan

Hey Dan! Couldn't help but notice the user name. Do you work for UPS? And by the way glad to have ya and nice selection of planes!