• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New Product E-flite Edge 540QQ 280

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Hey, I've been known to buy a plane because it looks good!! (it caught my eye as soon as I walked in the dome!)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, I'm really interested in this airplane from both a personal persepctive (as I think it'd be fun to fly) as well as a hobby perspective, as I think an airplane like this one, and the recently released UMX Sbach 3D will help continue to bring new 3D pilots into the community.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Cool gyro. It does look like a pretty awesome airplane. Hoping to pick one up once they become available. Of course it's getting frigid out to fly. LOL. Flew last and froze. Haha.

Vintauri

50cc
I was there with Moose as we looked at it and saw it fly. It flew okay with Seth Arnold at the sticks but didn't inspire me to want to buy it. I'd be more likely to buy the UMX Sbach but that would be a fun toss around plane for me. For a real practice plane I'll still say a Crack Pitts or Yak would be much better if you need a small size plane.

The QQ Edge 540 looks cool and I like the green scheme but my initial reaction was it's just another heavy small sized plane that will be hard to make look good in the air.

Flew it... Quite a bit. Stock esc was bad out of the box but had another a friend loaned.

A. Tail wheel went missing after first flight but was able to take off from grass every time. Check your tail wheels.

B. Wish wings were magnetized to fuse... The little screws defeat the purpose almost. I'll need to keep wings on.

That's the bad stuff. Plane tracks very well. Cg with my 500s was moved back to 1/2" back from wall. Getting 6 minutes.

Hover hard to hold... I might want to look at other prop options... Thing is a KE KING tho. I want to look into fine tuning for harrier - it's my fault but got alotof winng rock.

Flying wot is a kick in the pants :)

Landings and takeoffs very easy.

Flew in wind and calm. Got bounced around and am thinking about a gyro already.

All in all its a great flyer. Well worth the money and got folks talking... I really like this plane. Heckuva lot!

hone

150cc
This plane is cool :) [video=youtube;X_zQMM2TdKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zQMM2TdKg&feature=youtu.be[/video]