• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

NJSwede stopping by

njswede

150cc
Hi! Some of you may know me as a user of most forums and an admin of one particular forum. Anyway, I had to stop by and check out what the buzz is about. Looks like a cozy place.

I'm not the world's biggest giant scale pilot, just three 25%-ers (does that even count as giant scale?) and one 50cc. Started flying three years ago and I'm completely hooked. On a possibly lifelong and mostly unsuccessful quest to learn 3D.

I do most of my flying at GCA in northwestern NJ. Stop by and say hello if you're in the neighborhood!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
hi njswede and welcome to the site. is GCA the Hardyston field?

i'm a bit south in Hunterdon County, just west of Clinton. I'll have to make the trip and come visit some time.

bart

njswede

150cc
Actually, we're much closer than that. GCA is near Washington, NJ, which is about 10 miles north of Clinton if my memory serves me. I think the club you're thinking of is "Top of New Jersey". Where do you normally fly? I'm also a member at the club in the North Branch Park (Somerset Signal Senders).

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ahhhh, i didn't know that that field is called GCA. i finally managed to find it a few months ago when i was in the area. nice place they've got there. i was flying with the 350th club in Pohatcong but they lost their field as I was trying to move back to the RVRCC club which is a little closer to my house.

haven't been flying fixed wing a lot in the last couple of years except for foamies by my house. being involved here has been a big kick in the butt and I'm trying to get back to giants ASAP. I"m trying to get my Clipped Wing Cub back flying and might get my Akromaster back in the air too but it needs an engine (50cc). I've got a wanted ad posted for a 35 or 40% Carden Cap as I've always loved Caps.

would love to come up and fly at GCA sometime.

Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i won't be able to make it up there for a week or two but thanks for the invite. i'll PM you.

bart