• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Onboard Electronics Design Schematic

Hello,

I'm not sure how many of you prepare a drawing of your onboard electronics when planning a new model. I typically lay it all out in a visio or ppt and go through all of the models requirements. Then I begin to plan redundancy and failure avoidance. I'm posting mine up, I'm curious to see how you guys manage it.

Post it up.

regards,

sc

Attachments

• H9 Cap 232 electronics drawing rev5.pdf
    413.4 KB · Views: 418

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Really cool diagram. I don't design or use them myself. I select my components based on the size airframe I am building, install with a little methodical planning and call it good. Nice schematic though....:way_to_go:

Some simple planning goes a long way. You can't eliminate all failures, but you certainly reduce them.

I set the Rx behind the CG, and use the batteries and rudder servo(s) to get the CG right before the first flight. If the CG needs tweeked, I have the room for that with batteries. :)

Use good, HQ extensions, servos and all will be good. All servo connections that aren't being plugged and unplugged, should be heat shrink wrapped (personal pref) or some sort of anti unplugging device. And those that are plugged and unplugged get the anti unplugging device, like a clip or tape.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Pretty much "in my head" as I go. But mapping out your install is always helpful. Like for trouble shooting or replacing components. Very Nice what you have done. I used to use pigtail markers supplied with the radios in the day but channel assignments are recorded in the log portion of my arf manuals. I do not build any more but keeping good notes is helpful too.