Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Onboard On/Off Switches

Discussion in 'Batteries / Chargers / Power Supplies' started by Bartman, Mar 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I use LIFE batteries. They are 2 cell, 6.6V and not as sensitive to balance. I do charge through the switch. Ocassionally, if I have my airplane apart on the bench, I will pull the battery out and give it a good balance charge.

WMcNabb likes this.
  2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

All I've ever used is Fromeco switches. Both glow and gas. Zero failures.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

it's good to hear they've at least addressed the problems people had with their products

acerc likes this.
  4. Before I switched to Jeti radios, all I used were Fromeco switches and never had an issue

Since switching to Jeti, I have used the magnetic switches and found them to work as described. They can be tempermental on magnet position, but once you figure out the positioning, they work well I have since switched to using an extra rx with the CB200 power distribution system on a lockout switch on the tx I probably will never use another switch. This way is phenominal and super easy With the lockout switch, there is no worry about turning the system off by hitting the wrong switch

Snoopy1 and 49dimes like this.
  5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Simple, clean and extremely trustworthy with a proven track record, Smart Fly Pin and Flag. True, not capable of charging through them, but then I like charging/balancing from my X4's straight direct connection to my LiIons and Lipos. Safer and less worry that way.

WMcNabb, Snoopy1 and thurmma like this.